Tablets, are they worth it? Recommendations

Hey guys, my dad is going to turn 60 int a few day thought I would get him a tablet for his birthday. Having a hard time finding one that looks work paying money for, trying to keep it around 100$ for a 10 inch or an 8 inch. Any recommendations? Looked on amazon did not see anything that great.

Most that you can get for that price will be pos with outdated versions of android. The cheapest one i can think of that would be good is the nvidia shield k1 at 200.

1 Like

Why not one of the Fire Tablets?

they at least had ads all over the place when my sister got one this was 5 or so years ago.

I have a Nexus 7 2013, its gathering dust atm but its a great tablet. I think I had this for 3 years now and its still work perfectly. If you could find a Nexus 7 2013 go for it.

they make ones without adds, you realize that no?

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8inch.

yea but arent those more than his limit.

The 8 inch is : $94.99 within budget

EDIT:

I may go with this. Not sure at this point if i am going to go with tablet, most do not seem work the price

Gonna second the Amazon tablets. My old man got my mom one to replace her lost/broken iPad Mini 2. Never looked back.

I got an Asus tablet with Windows 10 on it from a few years back the other day for $60 at Microcenter. That was well worth the price : D