So i have a computer that i built but i want to upgrade a few parts so that it is faster. I am looking for a graphics card, a new PSU, and a cpu cooling system preferably a water cooling system.
- Budget: $400
- Country: United States, Dollars
- Is there a retailer you prefer: NewEgg, Amazon or any other trustworthy site.
- What will you be using your future computer for?: gaming and rendering
- Do you overclock or want to get into overclocking? I would like to try overclocking
- Do you plan on going for custom watercooling now, or in the future? now
- OS. Do you need a new one? No
If you Game-
- What kind of settings do you like or what FPS do you want to play at? Max
- What resolution will you be playing at? //or would like to play at. full
- What kind of games do you like to play? fps, strategy, etc
- What specific game will you be playing (if applicable) Battlefield 4, Civilization 5
- CPU: intel i5 2500k
- Ram: 16gb ripjawsx
- Motherboard: Gigabyte ga-b75m-d3v
- graphics: integrated intel graphics
- PSU: Old and from a prebuilt system
What you need is a videocard, not a fancy custom waterkit! Get something like a 7970 or R9 280X. If you really want to go with the green side, get yourself a GTX 760. As for a CPU cooler and PSU, it depends. Do you want heavy overclocking or just a slight one. Do you have a good PSU already or not.
Thanks for the suggestions. I updated some of my specs on the post. I just have a couple of questions.
Would i be able to use the CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 which is around $60 or is this not good to use. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181030)
When you say the 7970 do you mean the XFX double Radeon HD 7970: (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150665&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Desktop+Graphics+Cards-_-N82E16814150665&gclid=CJir8LWEtboCFQLl7AodUgsAFA)
If you are working with a 400$ budget and want to your computer to go faster then dont get a new Heatsink (unless your current ones are broke or something), put all that money towards a GPU. iGPU isent going to get you anywhere. Get a R9 280x, the PSU is up to you in that if you plan on CFing in the future or whatnot
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1TtZa 7970, h80i and seasonic 620w psu
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Tu2j xfx r9 280x, cooler master water cooler and same psu
both after mail in rebates of course.
and for a cross fire psu one of these
with the 7970 and a
or $5 more