Synology Active Backup: Free VMWare Backup And Restore! | Level One Techs

I think the issue seems to be related to 3rd gen ryzen more so than the MB… but thats just my theory.

ehh, no, the kernel just uses rdrand as one of many sources. So if you are saying because ssh keys are different, rdrand must be working, then I would disagree with you because the kernel doesn’t use any one source of randomness by default anymore.

The whole reason systemd took it upon themselves not to use the kernel facility and to directly use the rdrand instruction was to speed up boot time. otherwise the kernel would just hang and wait.

for diagnostic purposes, the only safe thing to do here, scientific method, is for you to boot the same version of esxi to get the PSOD (or not) or for @aBav.Normie-Pleb to boot fedora 30.

1 Like

Wanted to boot Fedora 30 Live (on an old Intel SATA II SSD via USB 3-SATA adapter) but it says something about a start job running for 50 min…?!

Should try a new install (IMO)

Tried the big Fedora ISO and the Media Write thingy - no change.

If you let the system sit and wait it gets to this:

Yep so that ain’t got the abb agesa

:frowning:

After I got ASRock Rack’s statement that 3.10/311 should already have 1003 ABB I wrote a response that they might want to re-check that - waiting on a new message and will report back on this topic since I also want to use the X470D4U/3700X as an ESXi host long-term.