Synaptic touchpad issues after update to 16.4 Ubuntu

Hi everyone. I was reccomended to maybe ask here about an issue I am having with my synaptic touchpad on my HP Streambook 11. I have had this laptop for about 20 months now. Upon purchase I installed 14.10 Ububtu ( I think , specific extension I can’t recall)

There were a few things I needed to adjust in terminal after that install to get it working properly. I am really not a coder though and I have had friends walk me through it every time. But basically my items on the desktop are stuck in place and my right click and left click functions don’t work correctly on my touchpad.

Recently I reset to 15.10 and a friend went into terminal for me to correct the issue.

The person who just pointed me in the direction of this site told me to tell you that I seem to be having an issue with my synaptic driver, which appears to be installed.

This is after my most recent update when I updated the 15.10 I had to 16.4.

I am not very literate in linux phraseology, but I can cnp things into terminal and also cnp things out of terminal. Thanks for any and all help!!

Additional info that maybe means more to you folks:

In my Mouse & Touchpad settings:

Primary button: left
double click bar: set closer to ‘fast’ side
Touchpad: On
Touchpad speed bar: indicating on the ‘fast’ side
Tap to click, Two finger scrolling & Natural scrolling: all clicked

And.

When I click on something it is then veryyyyyy hard to scroll in any way. If I press down on my directional arrow keys at the same time I can get an item to slo-mo drag across the screen.

Is it OK to ump my post? I feel it may get lost otherwise?

Give this a try:

You can try reinstalling the drivers for your touchpad as mentioned above in the link.

sudo apt-get install -q -y xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
1 Like