Switching from ps3 to PC, need suggestions

So I am taking the big leap and buying a gaming PC.  I need help picking parts.  I am on a low to medium budget yet want a big bang for my buck.  I want to be able to play crysis 3 and Battlefield 3 on max and if not very high settings.  Can anyone suggest me a build?  P.S. if you can throw in a mini-ATX that would be cool and if you can't at least a really bad ass ATX mid tower would be fine.  Thanks!

EDIT: My budget is anywhere from $500 to $850.  The lower the better.  

EDIT:  For CPU my main prefrence is an AMD 6300 or  an 8350 but you guys are the experts.

EDIT: I'm really digging the BitFenix Prodigy BFC-Pro-300-RRXKR-RP Fire red Steel case.  It looks really cool and also it is really small which is a major plus for me so can anybody tell me what they think about it and if i should use it or not in my budget build?

What is your total budget? Do you already have a monitor and OS?

Antec Three Hundred- $69.00

Intel Core i5 3570K- $232.00

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155- $114.00

Corsair 8GB Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9- $53.00

EVGA GTX660Ti 2GB- $335.00

Antec ATX EarthWatts 650W- $89.00

LiteON SATA DVD-RW 24X Black- $19.00

Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue 64M- $69.00

This is a build I did for my friend a few months ago. BTW the only reason it's intel is cause he's a fanboy. I'd personally go AMD.

Lort's suggestions seems sound. It will run all the things you want to run at reasonably impressive settings without breaking the bank.

I personally think the GTX 660Ti is a nice choice, I have it's baby brother in the GTX 560Ti and it can still run pretty much everything I toss at it at high/very high settings at 1080p without issues. This being said, if you prefer an AMD GPU then go ahead and trade it out for something at a similar price. It's purely a subjective thing, but I do tend to find the performance of the NVIDIAs a little smoother, however.

I too would go for an AMD build though; much better bang for the buck there. As more and more games are able to utilise more cores as time progresses, in a years time you may find the FX-6300 and FX-8350 comparing more and more favourably to the single threaded i5s.

Love the Antec cases - good value for money and always look decent.

wow to play crysis on max you need a pretty generous budget

^word

Also, to actually help you, you need to provide us info, like your budget, what you need (full desk setup or just the hardware?), and maybe some possible preferences

BF3 you can max on a 170$ card..Crysis you'd need a super high end card.. Crysis is ALOT more demanding than BF3.

Give us a budget to work with or something lol.

I have a monitor but not an OS.  I'm looking from $500-$800

This is a pretty good PC build but to run Crysis 3 on max requires a pretty high budget http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KUuW       Total: $433.88

i did not add a os incase you want to get Linux or pirate windows 7