Switching from Console to PC

Im getting it probably on June 22-July 6

Gaming and video editting

Can u put a link to it? Also the reason why im getting r7 370 because it cause $123 at this very moment.

UPDATE!! ----- Strict Budget Build
CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Seagate Constellation ES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage 2: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 370 4GB Video Card
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

P.S
First time doing this so dont hate me if my build is bad, also i need help on what im gonna do after building it. Please help me!
Email me on [email protected] to get in touch with me.

You are going to have a nice PC, Good Luck!

I really appreciate your Thank You. So often I try to help only to be attacked by fanboyz. Often I don't help because I know certain members are always going to be jerks.

What to do with your PC? The possibilities are endless. Coming from console the first thing you will probably want to do is setup Steam so you can get some games. There is a very cool site called Ninite that is helpful when setting up a new PC. One picks all the programs (Firefox, OpenOffice, Steam, iTunes, etc.) you want from a list and Ninite will install all the software, one after the other. After gaming, I have no idea what you are into. I am an artist so I do a lot more Photoshop and 3D CAD than I do gaming. I love games just to look at the artistry. I am older so I don't play "to win" anymore but I love to check new games out.

My favorite games are DOOM, Just Cause 3, Rocket League, Left 4 Dead 2, DiRT 2, Bulletstorm, and both Wolfensteins.

2 Likes

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/fsZ2FT/asus-video-card-strixr9380dc2oc2gd5gaming
Literally the same price, 40% better gaming performance... Don't cripple your system, especially when there is no price difference what so ever. I can't believe I recommend Asus, but 140$ for 380 is totally worth it.

You can't just save a couple more bucks for a RX 480?

You can also save yourself 100 bucks if you get Linux Mint or Linux Lite something like that. It comes with Steam. You can always upgrade to Windows 10 later.

Also keep in mind the prices of GPU's are going to be dropping soon when the RX 480 comes out.
But whatever you decide good luck. The build you have looks great. Room to upgrade.

The guy is dropping off a console to build a PC and you recommend Linux? Linux for video editing and gaming is the most complicated solution for a beginner. A kinguin Win 8.2 or 10 key is the easiest solution.

1 Like

Nope, but it would be wonderful if i could change the video card to something better but almost the same price.

$200?

Please tell me when so I'll know when to buy so i can save money and probably invest some more on other parts.

Ayy.... I would do $200 if the prices for other parts would drop by june 22-july 6. And switch the 6400 to 6500.

Well, cross your fingers they do. But honestly, I'd wait just a couple more to save up for that $200 (RX 480), or wait August for school discount savings across all retail.

The prices may drop, and if not 480, he may be able to get 390 for around 180$, just like he is able to get 380 for the price of 370... If not, the current GPUs will not go anywhere...

If you are really on a tight budget, you may be better off looking at some second hand parts... Ram, Case, etc, stuff, that can't really be abused the way a GPU can without being visible.

The 470, whenever it drops, should perform about on par with a 380 at the least, so that should be in your budget, whenever it drops.

Um Linux Lite and Mint are Windows level difficulty. Click and install.

As for video editing there are some easy programs to use. I don't know his proficiency.

It looks like some prices have already dropped. The RX 480 will release at the end of this month for 200 bucks. If you absolutely cannot wait. You can buy a R9 380 for the same price as a R7 370 right now.

http://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=310,355&sort=a8&page=1

1 Like

For a console gamer moving in to a first PC build I think he may be better off with the newer architecture. He'd be able to play more games at higher resolution while no less hotter than a console which is crucial since its summer after all, and have the option to upgrade to VR later.

Surprised no one came up with this (or I was too lazy to read all the replies)

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Pm3ZLD

CPU: AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T2 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($15.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($52.90 @ Amazon)
Memory: PNY Anarchy 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($24.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($35.49 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 380X 4GB Video Card ($194.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($83.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $597.22
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-09 16:21 EDT-0400

I would definitely recommend waiting for a while until the RX 480 comes out for $200 as it will most likely outperform the 380X