Suspend/resume Linux with Ryzen 2 motherboard

I am looking to migrate to linux from windows.
But when I watched the Ryzen 2 release video I heard that the suspend/resume support does not work properly in Linux.
Is this universal for Linux or is there something I can do about it?

kind regards

It will, most recent hardware means that problem will most likely get fixed on newer kernels 4.16+ (possibly support in 4.17 or later) A good rule of thumb is to allow at least 6-8+ months for full linux support no matter the hardware.

OT: I seriously don’t get why people expect day1 support on linux, people linux is not windows ok? They don’t have the billions and 1.000 other things to make things work on day1. Allow the devs some time to add your hardware before you go buy the newest thing on the market and expect it to work

1 Like

I don’t see why this should be a problem from day 1.
Sleep/resume shouldn’t need to be rewritten for every motherboard.
Therefore I think Linux should be atleast similar to Windows in this regard, suspend/resume should work out of the box on most hardware, and there are the odd ball that for some reason doesn’t work.

anyway, thanks for your response.
I take it as suspend/resume will be fixed for x470 MBs fairly soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not rewritten from scratch every time. But there are often ‘quirks’ with new hardware that need to be accounted for once the hardware is available for to the public.

5 Likes

Sleep worked out of the box on Aorus Ultra Gaming X470 in Linux Mint 18.3

Sleep usually works, suspend/hibernate/s3/s4 will not without extra work if at all.