Surface Pro 3 Screen Replacement

it’s been a while guys. hope everyone is doing well.
I’ve been happily using my surface pro 3 pretty much since the day it came out in 2014. It has been a robust travel companion. probably has been to every airport in the world at least once. been dropped, handled roughly by TSA peeps (typical), and it has survived every trials and tribulations no laptops should ever go through until I decided that some lint in the speaker grill was bothersome and took a protractor and began the cleaning process. sometime during the cleaning process, i have cracked the screen (noooooo!) the tablet still functions luckily but the touch function has died completely. I have been meaning to look for replacement screens in Canada but they cost about $200 CAD. I figured I might replace the battery and upgrade the msata SSD as well and that costs about $60-80 CAD for battery and then another $30-50 for 256gb ssd so total repair cost adds up to becoming costly and ineffective. since the hardware inside is really showing its age. (Haswell i5 dual core with 4gb ram and 128gb storage oof… barely handles youtube at 1080p now). I don’t even know why I’m writing this but I guess what I’m trying to find out from the sensible level1 peeps whether I should even bother with the repair or save a little and get a new one. Probably wait till it’s seriously unusable and get a new one eh?
Thanks and merry christmas!

Six years old for an ultrabook? It’s done man. Time to retire it and pickup something new.

1 Like

thanks for making it clear. will probably get a new paper thin laptop with good battery. :smile:

1 Like