Sun Club

look on craigslist lol

have gotten multiple for less than 100$

even the one with the penguin card i got for like 50$

(is an addon card slot computer with an amd processor to do x86 guest os)

not very many of them now days but seen one couple months ago like 100$ for a dual socket ultra sparc IIIi sunfire thing

edit:
would say ebay or whatever but get raped on shipping cause sun shit is overkill af, like dual socket workstation with a massive like 2 hdds, prob weigh like ~60lbs start talking a bigger 4u dual socket thing can get crazy like 80-120lbs literally had one show up on a skid lel like 100$ to ship

2 Likes

sun hardware is dope but I dont have disposable income for hoarding electronics

anyone got that launch presentation they did in second life

EDIT: found it

2 Likes

wasnt that a motorola/MIPS workstation?

1 Like

Just checked ebay. A Sun Ultra 45 is still out of my price range :money_mouth_face:

They reminded me a bit of the G5 powermac from the same era. Nice cases and well laid out.

1 Like

Yes sir!
The Motorola 68040 running at a lovely 25MHz:

Is jelly, I just need to be vigilant haha

ye seen a sgi workstation nd shit too

just lookup like
‘sun’ ‘sparc’ ‘server’ etc

got my sparcstation 5 for free lel

but dis shit old as hell now so if cant find shortly, may never find other than dumpster/random thrifto/computer refurbisher or something, could always call and ask them if they ever get stuff like that/make them offer to pick it up if they do take one

2 Likes

Yep, that seems to be a common theme with old hw

Ergonomics

1 Like

ye with them ultra IIi IIIi talkin 15-20+years old now at this point lol

and after that was much less popular/probably much less production numbers other than very specific clients that may not dump them through usual channels

1 Like

broke: nextcube
woke: HP 9000

2 Likes

I want to sell one of my Sun Blade 2500’s, or both. I have 2 cases spare, one is a complete machine, the other is partial (No CPU or cooler or RAM)

What the fuck am I supposed to price them at?

depending on config/if can find a weirdo probs like 100$ or something

I just listed them on fb and said ‘fuckit lemme know lel’

if you get an offer for a cool bj you know what to do

get on yo knees

1 Like

hekin snorf

Does anyone have any interest in buying a type 5c keyboard? Its lovely condition and I wish I could use it but its sun specific.