SUM EP 2: Planning

@Kat mentioned having people on for a follow up chat about the attitude in linux. And you know what, I think thats a great idea. I don’t really have another one at the moment, so whatever works you know?

So, as it is, the conversation will be about linux in a desktop world where either its unsuccessful, is successful, and what steps it’d need to take from either opinion. I’m of the opinion that linux has been extremely successful thus far and now hardware companies such as Dell need to step up their game. Others think differently.

If you want to be on the podcast, I think I want 8 people max, me included, as a round table. If you’re interested and think you would have a lot to contribute feel free to drop a line on this thread or PM me and we can chat a bit.

Also I think it would be healthy for like OSX, BSD, and Windows users to be in on the convo. Maybe I’ll up it to 16 but 8 sounds good for now. Just need to know your stuff about the market and about linux.

1 Like

I am heading to France for a week. I get back home 1 Oct. I would be willing to do it but Your criteria is a little vague.

I started with Debian GNU/Linux in 99, went Red Hat in 2000 - 2001. Went back to Debian and wiped Windows for good. I have been MS Windows free at home since 2001 and have used Red Hat, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu (Wife’s Machine), SuSe, Arch, and Slackware. I currently run Debian Unstable as my main OS and Arch Linux as my alt/gaming OS.

I have played with NetBSD, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD. I have also played with MacOS 9, MacOS X up to 10.4, and Darwin. I work at a MS only shop so Windows starting from 95 - current (Including respective server versions).

I was also one of the few that used and loved OS/2 [WARP]

1 Like

Thats qualification enough. You have a sense of what linux is, how the users tend to act as well as the devs, and the attitude of either hiding from the public or bedng as public as possible and probably have an opinion on if being as popular as windows in the fitire would be a good or bad thing.

I’d love to have you on.

If you thinks so, then that is all that matters. I should be available by the 29th.

1 Like

Anyone else want to join? It’d be weird to have only one person.

I don’t need old geevers (tease tease). Anyone is invited, but I only need 7 or 9 people.

I have a lot to say on this topic, but I’m not sure I’ve got the time for it.

1 Like

it’ll be a like an hour and a half session.

Max.

Okay, throw me on the list and let me know when it’s going to happen.

I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to make it though since something happened last night to significantly reshuffle my priorities.

No dying in public its illegal.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what sucks. :frowning:

1 Like

So far only 1 person wants in.

Well, one for sure.

I want to try and do this episode sunday. Does anyone else want in?

Depending what time on Sunday, I can join. I’m available about 2pm to 5pm Pacific on Sunday.

Alright so thats like 11AM to 2PM eastern? Something like that?

nope, other way around. It’s like 5 to 8 eastern.

oh woops lol.

Well alright. Will make that work if possible. What do you like more?

Skype ?
Discord ?
Teamspeak 3?

I can do these two, skype is doable, I guess, but I’m not sure how well it works on Linux. Last I remember it was nothing more than a shitty port.

1 Like

I’m intrigued, but timing’s not right. Plus I should maybe chat at Discord first to become more familiar with people or the other way around :laughing:

NEways, point is; these kinds of discussions should be chatted at a bar booth while streaming live :wink:

2 Likes

We should plan to do that. Defcon anyone?

2 Likes

I’m going next year hell or high water. If the podcast is going by then, hell yes.

1 Like

Defcon or any Conf would be a great excuse :wink:

2 Likes