Suggestions and Multi-core options

I'm building a new system soon for gaming and HD video editing using the specs below. Any help would be much appreciated.

Corsair VS650 650W Power Supply Units PSU

AMD AM3+ x8 FX-8120 3.1Ghz

AsRock 970-Pro3 AMD 970

Powercolor Radeon HD 7770 1GB

Corsair H40

Before you mention the lack of RAM, HDD and case, I already have those/I'm still deciding.

I know the CPU is a bit overkill, which brings up another question of mine:

AMD AM3+ 4 core FX-4170 4.2Ghz vs. AMD AM3+ 6 core FX-6100 3.1Ghz vs. AMD AM3+ 8 core FX-8120 3.1Ghz

The PSU is a bit much but I want to have some headroom for adding another 7770 or upgrading to a 7870 or 7970.

Cheers.

what video editing software will you be using and what sort of games will you be playing?

ammm.... all the amd x1xx are bulldozer, and you will actually see a performance decrease with fewer cores, especially on video....

x3xx is the new stuff, if you do upgrade your cpu, get the 8350. and the h40 is crap. stick with the hyper 212 evo

^ Fun fact: Commissar is against watercooling loops. However I would get the hyper 212 as well. Save the money and put it towards a better cpu or gpu.

If you do get the 8350 (which i recommend) you need to change out your motherboard to one that will natively support the cpu out of box. The one you have selected hasn't been revised yet and is still running an older bios. If you do get that motherboard, make sure you get a cheap cpu like an athlon II x2 so you can flash the bios then put in your 8350.

If your using any adobe products for video editing then go with an Nvidia gpu. It will work better as Adobe products use CUDA cores to render.

Sony Vegas Pro 10 currently (On a separate computer), though I might be switching to Adobe Premiere soon.