Stuttering and freezes on new ryzen system

on win 10 and 8 the NVMe driver comes prepackaged

My budget didn't allow for more than 1 drive, I installed the samsung driver for the nvme disk. Not sure if that's the controller or the disk itself. It doesn't really say

I was thinking there was an update to the nvme drivers.

If there was one, windows update should have taken care of it

I'm just not sure if it's the disk or maybe the memory? Being that ryzen is a bit picky on the memory side of things

You could do a memtest86 run to check for memory errors

I will run those tomorrow, it's time for me to hit the sack. Thank you for your help @TheCaveman @Freaksmacker @Ungari I'll keep you posted!!

did you disable fast boot? also which drivers are you using for everything?

I'm using the newest drivers from MSI website, and I did disable fastboot

This is what's happening (see picture) after crashing.

Nvme disk usage https://imgur.com/a/lbOHS

So I ran the memtest86 for 3,5 hours and everything works perfectly. So it's not my RAM

Everytime I use my mouse I get one of those spikes

Do you have some other mouse to test with?

Just tested it, same problem. Could it be an graphics issue? I tested the RAM with memtest68, CPU with Prime95 and both are working without any problems.

This really sounds like some kind of high dpc latency to me.
Which could be caused by a driver issue.

Do you use the latest gpu drivers?

Did you allready tried a new clean install of windows?

1 Like

Could this be related to your problem?

I'm using the latest graphicsdriver 382.05 Nvidia driver. I just tested gaming in linux and it keeps crashing there as well. I never had any problems with this video card (GT670)

Ah okay so issues are present in both Linux and Windows side of things.
Hmm then it might be an issue with the motherboard or psu maybe.
Did you do any tweaking or overclocking in the bios?
If so then, clear the cmos and try on stock.

Could you provide more system specs like psu type etc?

I'm on stock speeds, wanted to make sure everything was stable before trying any overclock. I build the system last weekend, I used the PSU (Antec truepower 650) from my previous machine as well as the graphics card (Nvidia Gt 670) both of them worked fine on my old machine.

The weird thing is that i don't have high disk usage all the time, but specifically after the crashes

You also pointed out that this issue occures under Linux too - my soltion would be a Windows only problem.