Stumbled across a potential workaround for using vGPU on RTX cards. Is it legit?

Hello everyone. A new user here. And also new to virtualization in general. Please excuse me if I end up writing something stupid.

So, here’s my issue. I own a RTX 2070s and since past few weeks I have been searching for a way to share this GPU with a win10 VM for my CAD work. I did managed to get PCI passthrough to work but I had to borrow my friend’s card for it.

Further google search for single GPU virtualization yielded results about NVIDIA’s grid, and this 2 yrs old forum post caught my attention.

gridforums.nvidia.com/default/topic/8934/nvidia-virtual-gpu-technology/vgpu-on-gtx-or-rtx-or-quadro

If the screenshots are to be believed then there is a way to get vGPU to work on RTX cards using Xen hypervisor. Unfortunately the OP didn’t publish their steps, instead asked others to “challenge themselves”.

It seemed simple at first glance but, it’s been 3 days now and I am still as lost as I was when I had started. I managed to acquire and install the vGPU drivers, installed xen from source but I haven’t been able to boot the Xen kernel with nvidia drivers (nouveau works).

I really can’t make sense of what the next step should be. I would really appreciate if anyone could shed some light on what to do next. Or maybe verify if the post is even real. (It looks legit to me).

Thank you for reading till here.

PS: I am not what you’d call a power user but I can follow most instructions within hours.