Strangest printing issue of all time. I swear

Alright I had the strangest issue I have ever seen with printing today. A clients Printer shared via a server, Whenever a document that was 2 pages or more was printed would swap each page from portrait to landscape for each page. For example page 1 portrait, page 2 landscape, page 3 portrait etc etc. When printing from the server it worked fine, only on their PC. Removed , readded print drivers and re shared the printer on the server. And on the PC. All nothing. only way to "fix" it was to add the printer manually and pointing it to the printer itself rather than go through the server...Strangest thing I ever did see in regards to printing. Also posted in discord to share my weird story.

EDIT: Not looking for help per se, just wanted to share. But If anyone does know what happened I'd be glad to hear

Printers are weird man. I have seen my fair share of oddities. Phantom jams, only prints 2 sided, low ink on fresh cartridges, literal smoke. Im convinced printers will be the first things to become sentient.

4 Likes

Likely a tiny piece stuck behind a roller you can't see

Some printers default this option like within the physical printer settings.....

DRM bullshit?

Yup, seen this

God, lets hope not, I have enough problems with them without a mind of their own

2 Likes

4 Likes

$10 says shitty printer drivers.

Same drivers on both server and PC both work directly to printer and worked before as well. Just started late friday

Upgrade or downgrade the drivers. It's $10, I'm good for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like