Strange Valley Benchmark issue

OC’d My graphics card. (R9380) to 1060 core and 1650 mem. Seemed to run stable after 15 mins of Furmark. So I ran Valley to Benchmark. Much to my surprise Valley had no valley, Just assets, no ground texture at all. Thinking it was a problem with the OC, I reset everything to default, The problem persisted. I then decided to uninstall and reinstall. Then ran at default settings first. Same problem. Here are some screen shots.

I have no Idea what is going on with valley. But my card is not yet eliminated as a problem. However, I am not sure how I would go about eliminating it as the culprit. any ideas?

have you got any other gpu’s lying about you could try? or do any of your friends have a GPU thatll you will beable to test with?

unfortunately, no. I suppose I could transfer the installation file over to a laptop to see if it has problems. but I will save that for later. When I did the re-installation, I used the same Installer.exe that was used to install the first one. I am going to uninstall that one again and re download a fresh copy and see what happens.

Not even integrated graphics?

No, Running an 8320 until I can afford Ryzen.

Nailed it. The problem has to do with Afterburner V4.3.0.9267. I did a fresh install and then did a run without Afterburner. The floor texture filled in just fine. I then added a mild overclock with AB. Floor=gone. I then removed the OC, Floor still gone. I then killed AB, Floor returned. Started AB and applied no modifications. Floor gone. Not sure what else I can do. But looks like IM going to try out Heaven, instead.

I had problems with the included Rivatuner statistic server. If you have that turn it of. “Application detection level” has to be "None"
Besides heaven and valley i recommend the new superposition. It’s great but like i said i had to turn that app off or else it crashed.

1 Like

Strangely, I JUST downloaded that before you posted. It Ran fine with AB without modification. But I will use the settings you suggest and see what happens in valley. It SEEMS on this card, a large boost happens from 1090 to 1100 on the core clock going from about 40-45FPS to Low 60s up to high 70s In Superposition (settings on extreme with shading set to low but texture set to high in “game” mode)

I would say you did not pass that benchmark.

I think this is more of a case the benchmark did not pass itself.

1 Like

seems like @alphazero1990 nailed it. Thanks!

2 Likes

I call it bonus geometry culling!

In all seriousness, this is a good thing to have in the back of one’s brain when testing things.

1 Like

I passed a benchmark today.
Most painful bathroom experience ever.

1 Like

You can alleviate that by increasing your fps or “fiber per second”. By over clocking your diet to 400grams of fiber per day. Don’t eat too much TeX med or Mexican food, though. It causes malfunctions in the fire strike benchmark and causes afterburner to heat things up without warning.

2 Likes