Strange streaming problem - Spotify music cracks up when using Macbook Air via AirPaly to Apple TV

Hi people,

I experience a strange problem with my MacBook Air when streaming Spotify to my Apple TV. After 45 mins or so, the sound starts cracking up. This happens regardless if I connect both units via cable, wireless or a mix of cable and wireless.

However, if I stream music of my iphone 6 via Airplay, the music is conveyed perfectly.

The equipment I’m using is as follows:
Macbook Air (late 2014)
Apple TV (4th gen)
Amplifi mesh HD router
iPhone 6

Equipment also on the same network:
Dell XPS 15" (9560)

I have checked the performance on my Macbook Air and it never runs hot or throttle.

Does anyone have any idea what’s happening?

Is this just on Spotify? Or does all streams bork?

I actually don’t know. I will check that out right away.

It just happened when streaming a playlist from Safari via AirPlay. In other words, the challenge is apparent outside of Spotify.

Welp, I’m not familiat with Mac Os at all, but I’d launch say Spotify from a terminal and check if that spews out any errors for starters.

I failed to mention that the last test was done on Youtube via Safari.

Nonetheless, you should be able to launch spotify, or any app, from the terminal, just by typing in ‘spotify’, and watch the output for possible errors.

Turn off the “Reduce Loud Sounds” setting on the Apple TV. If that doesnt solve it reduce the volume on the MacBook.

I’m not sure why, but it doesn’t work. I only receive an error message stating “command not found”.

“Reduce Loud Sounds” already" is already off. I have also tested with lower volume on the Macbook (level 5 of ouf 15), but the cracking sounds still appear, just as before.

Try

open -a Spotify

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy with other stuff lately. The output from the terminal does not display any errors when opening spotify.

Wait… Apple… and Spotify!

Now I know why it isn’t working!!!