Strange ram issue

ok ive got a strange issue,
at BOOT (win 10 64bit)

my ram is sucked up like 37gb ??
i was going to make a ramdisk to hold a large download temp style.
but the system says i dont have enough ram ...

yeah...

Well, what is with all the shit in the bottom right corner?

1 Like

random shit, not even totaling a gb of ram

OK.

Fuck Windows.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

kek

time to cry to daddy wendell ?

see i had a 32gb ram disk in plae for hella long.
but i turned that OFF and removed it in prep to increase its size for this download,
but got an error fuck you bitch you aint got enough memory free

so i fully shut down, rebooted and as soon as i boot shit says like 37gb used.....

now i cant even turn the old ram disk back on, as i supposedly dont even have the 32gb free,,,

I will try to completely power of the computer down maybe even remove three of the four memory sticks and reboot

had the same problem and this is what i did, and what was eating all the ram for me

Open up the Xbox App
Click on the gear
Click on Game DVR
Make sure record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is switched OFF

Maybe?

I think that's one of the first things I ever did to Windows because I found that it was annoying popping up all the time when I booted up a game

Okay that's fucking weird if I pull out half my memory the boot committed usage is for something gigabytes but rebooting and putting in the other 32 gigabytes the committed usage is 37 point 4 gigabytes

Well it does say 58% for the memory column.
SO something IS using most of your RAM.

I suspect you have a memory leak in one of your applications if anything. if it were a hardware fault you'd be bluescreened already.

It may well be that one of your applications or system services doesn't handle 64Gb RAM well. Try booting a clean system such as from a Windows to Go disk. if it's back to no ram used, you have some broken software.

After a fucking Windows headache I attempted to boot into safe mode but of course that does not have networking so Windows would not let me actually log in so I instead had to trick Windows into a recovery menu to get it to force Windows boot with networking lo and behold that allowed my system to let me log in why the fuck does Windows spying bullshit require me to have an internet connection to even log into the desktop

You cannot even f8 into the boot options menu anymore I literally had to hit the reset button on my computer after the system bootstrap out of BIOS but before Windows loads completely three times in a row to trick it into automatic Diagnostics

So for a brief pissed off while I was unable to even log into my desktop upon logging back in to my standard desktop it appears that the problem persists so it has to be a service or something

Going to try the Administrator Command sfc /scannow

This is what the safe mode boot looks like

+

Most of the time I don't have to know whats the problem I just clean crap and something fixes it, I may notice what it was though.

Advanced System Care has some good tools although I purge that shit also after using it. :imp:

Sfc /scannow reports no errors

Because why the fuck would it be something simple to fix

I'm not going to send this next update until the reboot is finished
but I will believe I was able to at least reTarget the old ramdisk that seems to have enabled itself up to 51 gigabytes in size like I had initially intended to

I'm thinking this was all some weird fuckin error with the ramdisk service claiming that it was disabled and turned off but secretly being active and hogging 30-something gigs of memory

Persistent after reboots

Even while claiming it was disabled

Run this bad boy and see what it can find:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

1 Like