Strange programm

He guys,

Today i was playing some games with my friend my pc went to sleep and started up again. After some time i started it up again and got the normal download complete from firefox. Now i wasnt downloading anything and only a couple of well know sites where opened (TPU/youtube/aliexpress/amazon, i think that was all). after some digging i found the programm it’s a html document that is linked to file:///C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Local/Temp/usync.html now im not sure what it is but i still got it in my Recycle Bin would anyone be able to help me identify what it is (dont reall want to upload it…)? Btw the file claims to be from Rubicon Project now real idea what they are. I got little knowlage about hardware but software im a really noob so im sorry if its an obvious question. I asked here because i have been helped here before and although maybe a really simple/noobish question maybe someone could help me.

1 Like

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/

2 Likes

Ooo. That’s fancy.

They appear to be some ad company.

If the html is eus.rubiconproject.(com)/usync.html, using Tim’s website, the file is clean.

1 Like

Thanks that was fast! seems clear really stange thing it is though got literly no idea if its a bug or something just weird and a head scratcher for me at least.

Scan the PC using malwarebytes. If you have a problem with uninstalling something then total uninstall.

scanned with you site seems all okay…