Strange issue for 4k resolution

Hey Everyone,

So i have sort of a weird question and i am not sure anyone could help.

So i am in the process of upgrading all electronics, both tv and computer related and i was wanting to make the switch to 4k.

However, my wife (who has a very rare neurological disease) when she see's a 4k res image it makes her physically ill and dizzy. I was curious if anyone else has run into an issue like this and if so is there any way to sort of combat the sickness. If not perfectly fine ill just upgrade things to 1080p, most of our stuff is 720p or lower currently.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

1 Like

720p or lower?

how can this be?

I get motion sickness from fps games in regular 1080

I only play very old consoles on small screens , or if it's a new game it'll be RTS or something that doesn't move a lot.

Anything very large on a screen that moves way too much gets me sick , because it takes up a good majority of my field of vision. It might help if you got here a very small 4k screen and had her sit far away.

is it the size of the screen? because you can run 1080 on 4k screen with no problems since they are the same ratios. then run 4k when your wife isnt watching or maybe she'll get use to it.

Lol, yep its true, all my current electronics and pc parts were obtained from 2005-2010. With my wife being sick we dont always have the money to update stuff, but we finally have our own house and i have a stable job so i finally get to update some stuff.

Yeah, i tried a variety o screen sizes and distances but unfortunately with her disease once she gets more than like 3-4 feet from an object she has no vision at all. Im not quite sure how but she manages to see and play pc games with only 5% peripheral vision in 1 eye, shes already lost all of the rest.

arekistRegular Forum Jerk1m
is it the size of the screen? because you can run 1080 on 4k screen with no problems since they are the same ratios. then run 4k when your wife isnt watching or maybe she'll get use to it.

Yeah i thought about that but im just not sure of the point in having 4k screens that dont get much time in 4k. As far as the size, no it doesnt seem to be a factor, for instance she can stand in front a 55 inch 1080p and watch just fine but a 55 4k she gets sick.

That's prolly because you need to widen your FOV.

yeah no

the bobbing while walking in doom2 use to make me sick.

It could be a 60 hz related issue and not resolution. See if she responds differently to different refresh rates.