Strange behavior of my AMD FX 4130 CPU

I've posted on here a month or so ago about my PC not running games correctly and the various problems I've had since I got the machine. In January I bought a custom built gaming PC for $1300 it came with a 3 year warranty so meh. What I had asked for when I talked to the guy who built it for me was a gaming pc that could record gameplay and stream gameplay. 

When I first got it I found out that the guy had used an AMD FX 4130 CPU, and an AMD 6450 GPU but it wouldn't play one of the games I had said that I play a lot of, Warframe, I could not play it at the fps I was getting which was averaging around 10 fps on the lowest graphics settings, same thing with Minecraft FTB the fps was just to low to play. So I took the PC back and the guy who built it changed the GPU to a Nvidia GTX 650 Ti 2gb.

Get the pc back and I can play my games, well sort of. Minecraft, both vanilla and FTB and ATLauncher have random lag, but also seem to cause my character to move at double or triple speed. After searching the internet I found that if I turn down the affinity of the cores in Task manager it would run fine, a little laggy at times but fine. Then later I found some other games had the same "Runs at 2x speed" issues too, (Civ 5, Firefall, and various others) the fix always seems to turn one core off.

With Firefall I found a new way to tell if the core affinity was going to be a thing I had to deal with, I can only look up or down with my mouse in Firefall until I turn the core affinity down one. But at random instead of turning core 0 off I turned core 3 off but still had the only looking up or down thing happening. So I experimented a little and found that turning on only core 0 the game seems to run ok, still laggy and plagued with connection issues but I can look around normally again. 

Ok this is my question is this normal behavior for an AMD FX 4130 to do this sort of thing? Cause this is starting to annoy me. 

Even more disturbing, Are you saying you paid $1300 for an FX4100/ HD6450 combo? Did he give you the Nvidia 650 as an Upgrade? 

Very odd behavior. Never encountered what you're saying before. Closest is trying to play games that require multiple cores on a single core but you're reporting the reverse.

Check prime 95 for errors. Just leave it on for a few hours. If there are any, then send it back to the guy. Claim a no-lemon policy after a while. At least my state has some laws about that.

If you want, you could also post the actual specs for the PC (post the dump from speccy if need be) and then we can recommend updating it with the correct drivers.

I'm not sure, but I think I remember you.  You came onto the forums and told us about purchasing a custom built gaming rig, and pretty much everyone advised that you return it.  After a GTX 650 ti swap, you could play your games to some extent.

And that computer is indeed behaving oddly.

damm that setup for $1300 is a complete ripoff. even if i take $400 in concideration for peripherels

Anyway which windows are you using? windows 7 is well known of parking cores, and can be permanently unparked due a registry tweak.

Problem with minecraft in particuler, is that it is very badly optimized to use multiple threads if im right.. still it should be playable on a FX4130, but in my opinnion the guy who sold you this stuff, has definitely not any clue about computers in general, at least not todays games.

Because at least he should had build you a FX6300 / FX8320 or better system, with a decent mobo, and a R9-280 gpu. or someting similar, for that amount of money. (even an locked i5 should be possible for that) like i said even if you have boaght the system included monitor keyboard mouse windows and what nog then still there muste be a roughly $900 left...

I do understand that the seller needs to earn money as well, but this is kinda rediculous

Just return the thing.

Yes after telling him that it just wasn't working he said he'd fix it.

Speccy Summary
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD FX-4130 21 °C
Zambezi 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 (CPUSocket) 36 °C
Graphics
HP 20wm (1600x900@60Hz)
FPD1530 (1024x768@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) 35 °C
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10 EZEX-00KUWA0 SATA Disk Device (SATA) 34 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHAS124 W SATA CdRom Device
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Computer type: Desktop
Installation Date: 1/22/2014 12:05:11 PM
Serial Number: MHFPT-8C8M2-V9488-FGM44-2C9T3
Windows Security Center
User Account Control (UAC) Disabled
Firewall Enabled
Windows Update
AutoUpdate Download Automatically and Install at Set Scheduled time
Schedule Frequency Every Day
Schedule Time 3:00 AM
Windows Defender
Windows Defender Disabled
Antivirus
Antivirus Enabled
Company Name Microsoft
Display Name Microsoft Security Essentials
Product Version 4.5.216.0
Virus Signature Database Up to date
.NET Frameworks installed
v4.5 Full
v4.5 Client
v3.5 SP1
v3.0 SP2
v2.0 SP2
Internet Explorer
Version 11.0.9600.17239
PowerShell
Version 2.0
Java
Java Runtime Environment
Path C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
Version 7.0
Update 65
Build 20
Java Runtime Environment
Path C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
Version 7.0
Update 65
Build 20

Cut it off here for privacy reasons

Unfortunately the guy has a no returns policy and after getting the upgrade to the 650 Ti I'd really rather not deal with the guy again, even with a 3 year warranty on the pc.

I only bought the pc from him. One monitor is an old one from about 5 or 6 years ago, still works fine and as a secondary monitor the only thing I use it for it to have Teamspeak, Steam friends list, a clock, Windows Task manager, and Warframe alerts app on it. everything else I use the main monitor that I bought from Walmart for. Mouse I bought via walmart a few weeks before the PC, and the keyboard is a cheap standard keyboard I bought at walmart also. All together I spent about $1460 for my rig at a rough estimate.

Yep you remember me then.

sounds like a personal problem.

If you can return it I'd advise doing so and getting a refund (even a partial one) else:

How did the prime 95 stress test go?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/980DE3U3S3/?cat=Download&os=Win764

Unlikely to do anything: Update the AMD all in 1 driver, audio, lan, and might as well update your graphics driver from nvidia's website.

Slightly more likely: MS released some compatibility updates a while back for AMD's FX CPUs related to core parking so be sure to update windows. Alternatively use: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lekrbk5c4ddqxf5/Unpark-CPU-App.7z?dl=0  or could go the the registry fix route MysteryAngel was talking about below.

More likely to help: What BIOS version do you have? The latest is 1.6 and it looks like 1.3 updated some CPU issues with that mobo and 1.4 some memory ones.

Most likely: If the prime95 test fails, you can hand off the entire problem back to the seller. Thats what his warranty means right? If he isn't interested, can claim a no-lemon policy as per your state's laws on that and demand a refund. If he doesn't want to take him to small claims court. It's really just a paper you file down town and getting served with a court date will prolly make him reconsider.

Sorry, you were ripped off. Hate assholes like that. For that kind of money, you could of had a pretty decent pc.

Get your money back. I could build you this system, which would handle games better (It should atleast run the games, but some kind of hardware or software issue is holding the pc off), a couple times with this money.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/luo9lp1gjv33gor/results.txt?dl=0 The stress test results before trying anything else you suggested. I also found that my bios is P1.20 so I downloaded the update and will try that later.

Jesus christ this is the biggest ripoff I've ever seen ( pc builds related ) He pretty much built a 350-400dollar machinea nd charged you 1300 dollars. You could have gotten a high end PC with 1.3k $ lol. A r9 290 and i7

Yeah, that is a horrible ripoff, For friends I charge %10 of cost flat labor for assembly.

Looks like the system is stable. Surprising but a good sign. Have you ever updated a motherboard's bios before? Please read the manual for your mobo found at:

http://download.asrock.com/manual/980DE3U3S3.pdf

The details are found on section 3.4, on page 38.  Basically format a flash drive to fat32, and stick the bios update file on it. Reboot, Delete key prolly, then Advanced -> Instant Flash -> Cross fingers