Story behind your online name?

On ios devices the auto correct changes my real name (Chace) to Chavez. It became a funny nickname

I was exposed to Neon Genesis Evangelion when I was about 10 years old. Now I'm 22, and my love for Eva is the same, if not, greater.

And thats how it all began...

I was prone to being called "Timbo" by any of the teachers (I dont know why), when it came to picking a name on XBL (I know :[) I chose Kingtb0. This was mainly because when I used to play runescape and WoW I always called myself "Knight/Sir-Tim" and I felt as if I had upranked to king. My newest names of "TheMaskedProducer" (came from a stupid idea), and "TheTb0" (I felt I had ranked even further to an oracle state) are okay, better than most of my other usernames, so I've had them for a couple of years now...

You know what? I'll actually post a story.

Firstly, In retrospective, I find that the previous usernames I went under were extremely simple and not very original. Especially the random handles I made up prior to 2006.

In early-2006 I grew highly interested in competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee, and just to get active on the Smashboards forums and chatting I quickly started with the alias "Zenith". At the time, the word sounded cool to me (13 year old decisions, sigh), and my pompous attitude in gaming showed in my choice of alias. Melee kept my interest for about 1.5 years till I took a major refocus in gaming, and thus made a new alias. In mid-2007 I completely shifted over to competitive fighting games and joined the infamous Shoryuken forums as "the_judge". The name came from how judgemental I was of just about everything in the world, and a career aspiration of sorts. I held up this name strong till about late-2010 where my interests in fighting games and console gaming as a whole was fading slowly.

Around mid-2011 I started playing a lot of Halo Reach and Battlefield Bad Company 2 with a XIM3, which quickly got me interested in the idea of playing FPS games on Mouse and Keyboard. I had played FPS games in the past, but they were almost entirely just for leisure. This only piqued my interest in PC gaming as I understood that PC is a stronger platform in terms of FPS games. With my ecstatic enthusiasm for the release of Battlefield 3, my desire to own a Gaming PC only grew. Unfortunately at BF3's release I did not have the money to build a machine, so I settled with the game on 360 with my XIM3. In the mean time, I was slowly collecting parts for what would be my first Gaming PC. I eventually lost all interest in fighting games and console gaming in general, and in late-December 2011 finished my $850 AMD machine which I built as a minimum-line spec to properly play BF3. In the interim, I desired a new alias, one that was more original, I was eventually stuck on "SoFistDecayDead". No real significance to the name. I have stuck with that alias since, though its originality is somewhat for naught as I am very unsociable in the online gaming world.

I would then quit console gaming entirely, sell my 360, rarely speak with my friends from fighting games (most of which seem to really miss me for some reason), and upgrade my PC in late-2012 (Dec 20th to be exact). So that is essentially my story in alias'. It would seem I tend to change names when I take a major refocus in gaming. In RPG's where I am required to name a character, I usually pick a random name that is actually used in the real world.

My name here is my actual name. Ammar. My steam name Leapsic is an anagram. 

Well, my name is Brennan Riddell. Usually, my online name is AwesomeTimeTraveler (same as my Skype and Steam names, by the way) but for TekSyndicate I changed it up. I don't think I need to explain my TekSyndicate name, but AwesomeTimeTraveler came from me playing a lot of old sci-fi games (including A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy) and thinking that time travel is awesome.

It's... My name...

My more common online name is Severontous. A long story behind that one based off of my name and a story a friend of mine had.

My online name is a misspelling of a misspelling of my real name (which is Joe or Joseph), which my younger brother came up with when he was very young.

I don't like it anymore though, it sounds too gay.

Well... When I was like 10, I made my own comic book series (I used to go to my dad's office and make a bazillion copies to sell at school) it was called "Ala Delta" (lit. Delta Wing) and the main character was based on myself (lol kids) but Adrian (my real name) didn't sound cool enough for my main char so I just took off the A and added kz at the end, the result being  Driankz which I thought sounded cool at the time.

After reading about the Chinese Zodiac I found out I was Dragon (born in 1988) so I wanted my new nickname to be something related with that, Draco/Drake popped up, but they where overused so I just made the original Driankz sound a lil more Draconic by changing it to Drianko which doesn't sound that Draconic anyways, sadly I was all out of fucks to give and I also liked how it sounded and looked like...  And that's how I met your mother.

well, i like disc golf and the radio station i used to always listen to was 94.7. I'm a pretty boring person, don't need to tell me. haha

I needed a character name for my wow character, so I used a fantasy name generator. It came up with "nekz". I then went to make a youtube channel and "nekz" was taken so I made "nehkz" instead. It just stuck after that day.

My grandfather would always tell me and my brother as a kid that if we weren't careful when walking about the campfire at night that a "Barfnargle" would jump down from the trees and seriously fuck our shit up. So yup, that's where my name came from.

UKnowHuu - One of my favorite kpop groups, TVXQ's Yunho, started out playing games and his tag was YouKnow Yunho. I thought that was clever so I pretty much took that and spun it with my middle name. It's pronounced as "who" so. Yeah. Definitely sticking with this. Silly Decoy made me feel useless. lol

My name is Andri.

My favourite character from UT series is Divisor so i added 1 instead of one "i". I myself used quite a lot online aliases but this one stuck with me for a few years now.

NJM are my initials and way back when, when runescape was fun -1112 was one of the untaken options and it stuck.

it was either 1112 or some other random number combo, and 1234 just seemed stupid

PLUS:  one-one-one-two has a nice ring to it

first time i played online i ofhandedly decided i wanted to be oldmanwinter but it was to long so i agonized over some different "cool" names after many agonizing seconds i settled on oldmanwina. hopefuly the win kicks in before the old 

I have a Few.

Fishman/FishmanXD (Most Used) Because Of my last name 'Fisher'
Hidenintheshadows Because Fishman/FishmanXD was taken on 1 Game
Dragosaur At About 6AM on Teamspeak after 15-16 Hours of Planetside 2 We started Talking about Dragons and Dinosaurs... And Thats how Dragosaur was Born

HENN3H, because my name always sounds off when it's pronounced in English (I'm Dutch, just to clarify) and this seems to make it easier to explain, I added the l33t little "3"in there because some turkish guy already nabbed the simple henneh version.

My name is Henni (pronounced Hen - E)

My other handles are __Daedalus__ (Steam name) and Pan0pticon, which are references to some of the AI systems in the original Deus Ex.Daedaulus Being a benevolent AI and panopticon being a password given to you by "Helios"near the end of the game. (there are some other gaming AI's that are pretty awesome, like SHODAN and GlaDOS, but these 2 rank way higher on my personal scale of awesome).

I also like the greek mythology Daedalus refences to (I'm more of a "Daedalus"type of person, then an "Icarus"type, as in I like to think things through rather than dive in head-first)

Plus I just like the way they all sound :P

WAFFLETIME

because waffles are fantastic 

and also I was thinking about waffles when I made my first XBL username and it ended up being WAFFLETIME