Storing and Syncing Passwords With Keypass and OVH

Currently I just use Chrome to sync all my passwords between devices but I think I would like to switch to using something else.

I watched the Level1 video about it an learned about Keypass

I would like to use OVH to store and sync everything, mainly because their services are affordable, especially their VPS which I can get with enough RAM to run game servers and the like without going broke

So if I’m understanding this right, should I use the block storage to store my encrypted file, and use something like rsync to keep the file up to date between devices?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi! Are you truly wedded to the idea of keepass?

Because BitWarden has browser plugins, or stand alone clients, and can sync either manually, or by default to the cloud?

I really liked Keepass, and kept syncing to Google drive and Microsoft place, as the file is already encrypted, I keep the key.
For mobile there are several apps, I used minikeepass on my iOS phone, and I think you might even get browser plugins.
I absolutely trust keepass, but it was a little annoying syncing across several devices.
Does your mobile/cellphone support rsync? Because I think the mobile side is the weakest link in the chain on that…