StoreMI: Bootable EFI System Partition not found

I just updated the BIOS of my Crosshair VII Hero and now I can’t seem to boot back into Windows 10. I was running a FuzeDrive/StoreMI bootable drive with an ADATA 128 GB m.2 ssd and a WD Red 2 TB HDD. Once I updated the BIOS some setting got changed and now it can’t seem to find the bootable partition. Here is what the screen shows me after seeing the StoreMI splash:

‘testapp.nsh’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or script file.

ERROR: Bootable EFI System Partition not found!
No operating system is installed, OS is corrupt, or a tiered disk is missing.

FS0:>

Running drvdiag gives me

drvdiag: The protocol ‘gEfiDriverDiagnosticsProtocolGuid’ is required and not found (long-uuid-here)
drvdiag: The protocol ‘gEfiDriverDiagnostics2ProtocolGuid’ is required and not found (long-uuid-here)

Here is my full system specs:
Ryzen 2700X
Crosshair VII Hero running 601 BIOS
32 (16x2) GB G.SKILL Memory
EVGA GTX 970
XPG 128 GB m.2
WD Red 2TB
EVGA P2 850 (PSU)

I couldn’t find any helpful information anywhere so I’d at least like to document this to help others out.

Ended up just reinstalling windows but I found this source that might help others in the future.

If anyone wants to update their BOIS while having a FuzeDrive, I’d recommend removing the FuzeDrive, updating the BIOS, and then remaking the FuzeDrive.

1 Like