Store Credit Card NFC Information to Pay for stuff with my Cell Phone?

Is it possible for me to read and store the NFC Chips data stored on my credit card, by my android cell phone, and then use my android phone to broadcast the same NFC signal, to pay for stuff in person?

The reason I ask is because I love the tap functionality of my credit card, however, I hate having to pull out my credit card each time. It would be nice if I could do it all via my cell phone.

Yes, I know Google Pay exists, however, I do not want Google to know about everything that I buy (and yes, I know that my bank already knows all of that information).

If I can’t do it, what is the reason why, and is there any way to bypass it, to get it to work? Thanks! :smiley:

https://f-droid.org/packages/com.vsmartcard.acardemulator/

Haven’t tried it myself because I’m not a fan of NFC, but this looks like it should do the trick.

And it’s open-source.

You may need to read the card first to get the data. The same guy has a card reader app too.

https://f-droid.org/packages/com.vsmartcard.remotesmartcardreader.app/

2 Likes

I dont think its impossible but the nfc chip on your Credit Card is encrypted so that would be the only real thing to deal with before you could do what @anon37371794 posted.

Check if the card vendor provides a virtual wallet app that supports nfc, copying card details over to a 3rd party app sounds like skimming to me… since you’re basically copying the credit card and could potentially add every card you find to it.

Android Pay? I use it all the time and it’s really convenient.

Loving that part of it, however, slightly disliking that it requires internet performissions… Don’t want my credit card to be pubicly on the internet

Even if it is encrypted, won’t I be able to still read the data off the NFC chip, however, the actual data string will be just garbled up information?

That definitely could happen by simply copying the card info to your phone via NFC. Although I do not personally plan to do that, I have no way to prove my intentions, and others may actually plan to do that.

Trying to give as little information on myself to mother Alphabet. I want to slowly move toward more open-source stuff, and give as little information on myself to companies, hence why it would be preferred to just have NFC act as my cards “tap and go” feature.

And for the curious, yes, I know credit card companies still can view all of my purchases. The point of not using something like Android Pay is so that I can give less of my information to companies.

That can not be used a second time as the encryption algorithms don’t produce the same garbled data twice and you don’t have one of the keys needed for the reader you would Swype to decrypt the data.