Storage Hardware needs to mine storage based crypto. Silent for apartment

1 year listener to Level 1 tech youtube channel but first time writer to the community forum.
i am a noob who is getting into DIY pc build and crypto mining .
Currently i have a PC with config
Ryzen 3600XT
-DDR4 64 GB RAM Gskills
-1TB Samsung NVME M2

• 500 GB Samsung NVME M2
  • 10TB HDD
  • X570 motherboard .
  • Four more slots for additional HDD and Sata SSD

My requirements :
i want to scale my storage needs for storage based crypto mining .

• In market for a hardware that is super silent for an apartment.
  • Will like to have the hardware with Linux debian on it .
  • of course it should be scalable to say 100TB as mining will require lot of plotting on HDD .
  • Budget conscious

Need some recommendations from experts in the community .

Mining and silent aren’t really going to play nice together very well unless maybe you can put a wall inbetween you and the hardware. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Storage based mining is not CPU or GPU intensive.

But the need for HDD is a problem for a truly silent build, since they’re the loudest components of a modern system with an adequate tower cooler.

OP basically just needs a NAS and to avoid small-form factor cases.

With HDD capacity exceeding 18TB at the high end and no need for RAID, so long as the motherboard supports 6 or more SATA ports, literally anything should work.

lol but on a serious note i saw someone online got some sort of solution to this with a casing of sorts . Not sure if its any good. title of that you video is " How to build a quiet 117TB Plex media server (Pt 1)".

Personally i don’t care about the noise just don’t wanna get thrown out of the apartment by my spouse. :smile:

True dat . I have enterprise Seagate so far the noise levels are very low . Only thing is i have like other people who are mining like few 100 tb in parallel so planning on doing it on larger scale.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.