Steam / uplay & amdrewards question

So I got the assassin’s creed odyssey game via amdrewards. trying to get it linked to steam so I can play it on fedora…

On amd rewards site it says:

download uplay / install & then

Obviously the installer from uplay site wont run.

Is there a way to temp setup something in a windows vm and then get it activated in steam so I can download it and play thru steam?

Even if you went through steam it would still install and run uplay

3 Likes

It won’t run without it?.. Damn that sucks.

2 Likes

as far as i know all ubisoft games still require uplay even if you buy it from steam.

2 Likes

Almost all are but there are some exceptions such as Grow Home which is a relevantly new Ubisoft title that does work on Steam without installing UPlay at all but as far as I know its the only one that does.

3 Likes

No, those are uplay only keys. And as Dje pointed out even Uplay games on Steam install Uplay on top of it, Steam is just an additional distribution platform for Uplay games.

On a sidenote: The other 2 games are steam keys I believe?
I’m currently on the “24h waiting period” because I refuse to give AMD my mobile number lol.

I did also… but I also didnt get the card for about 8 days after i ordered.

doesnt give you a key, have to login to uplay and it activates directly, not sure if can then see the key(somewhere in the acc info or whatever) to try and activate that on steam

Heh, yeah same for me, about ~1,5 weeks waiting because Vega is Vega…

Good to know, it used to be that they gave out codes.
But even if you can see the code in the account (which I don’t think is the case, at least for my uplay games), those would most likely be uplay only codes. I mean if you buy a retail uplay game you also can’t redeem it on steam.

the 2 steam games were just keys,

dunno some games are on steam/is the same key on both and seam just launches uplay, but no idea if this game will do that etc