Steam summer sale - recommendations

9 Likes

Looking for a few recommendations for the summer sale, I already picked up Nier Automata and player unknown battlegrounds. I have 20 left to drop on a few games. Is there any must buys that the community enjoys?

I am new to pc gaming so I have a limited amount of games, here is what I have so far:

Prey
Wonder boy: The dragons trap
Hollow knight
Dead Cells
Redout

Fallout New Vegas if you're into RPG

I enjoyed Stellaris, but it's a bit expensive if you've only got $20 left.

Dust: An Elysian Tale

I keep going back to Half Life 2 (and episodes)

Mass Effect (one and two) They're $4.99 each right now. If you don't have them and like RPG's, pick em up while they're a steal.

Lots are recommending Stardew Valley, I've been unable to get into it, but it's really cheap right now, so I'd definitely recommend it.

The Half-Life and Portal games are the best starting point for someone that is new to steam.
You also might want to look out for compatibility with other operating systems like linux/steamOS and macOS. Try not to lock your gaming experience into microsofts walled garden. It might make things easier in the long run.

1 Like

I dunno if it's on sale, i'd be surprised if it wasnt, but if you were ever a fan of the Sim City series then you should pick up Cities Skylines. Very addictive.

Here's a few:

• Nier: Automata
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Furi

Metro 2033/Last light Redux
Dirt Rally
Deus ex mankind divided
Middle earth shadow of mordor
Half life blue shift
Half life opposing force

All running on Linux. Now I just have to wait for them to download on Australian internet...

I decided to roll with Northgard I know I know walled garden in all but it looked to good to pass up.