Steam Summer Sale 2016 Thread!

I think I will wait until when I am home to check some games, would love to stop by Best Buy and get 2 $20 steam cards.

Doom is -40%

Age of empires II HD

2 Likes

I got the Call of Duty Zombies package and Vermintide so far

What a fucking magnificent time to be absolutely broke....lol

3 Likes

Got a couple of old Sanic games so far, Is Borderlands 2 a good game to buy?

Sonic is on humble bundle now

hell yes.

It's the best out of the three and a legend of a game!

Ok, I am getting that, but I am gonna have to stop by and get a couple of Steam Cards if I wanna get more stuff.

... and no ***** were given by me.

3 Likes

F this Sh...

Love this game....

If you have not played it, this is a fantastic game.

1 Like

That's weird, it's telling me that I don't have enough for Borderlands 2 and yet I have $6.16 on there and the game is $4.99.

Another fantastic game if you don't already have it.

You'll get a glowing recommendation for any of these from me.

Any suggestions on low-requirements Linux games? I'm going to be out of state until the 2nd of July with only intel HD 5500 and a i5-5200u to get me by.

1 Like

I am trying to buy Borderlands 2, but it won't let me buy it. Also, I don't know about running games on Linux with Integrated graphics, even on Windows, I have trouble getting 720p Low 30 FPS on Intel HD 4400 (on newer games). I considered getting that Vaio Z tablet as a suitable upgrade for a list of reasons since the price dropped massively, but I still don't think $999 justifies it quite yet.

Most indie games run fine. I can pull almost 40fps in borderlands 2 at 1080p with my Intel HD 5500. I'm running Solus OS 1.2 for games and it's freaking wonderful. Their lead dev does some sort of profile-guided optimization for the libraries, which essentially makes everything faster. I've noticed a good 4-5fps boost on some games and 15-25 on others. It really depends on the game. They've built an optimized version of the steam runtime, which is complete down to font rendering and everything. I'd recommend having a look at it if you're looking for something linux.

On topic now:

As far as purchases go, I would add it to your wishlist and wait till tomorrow. Right now it looks like their servers are overloaded and purchases are on the resource intensive side of things. All the sales I've seen are going to be available until July 4, so I don't think we've got to jump on them immediately.

Honestly, I'm happy with my xps 13, and I don't usually game on it, but it's hard to put a corsair 800D (or an A409U for that matter) on a plane. The stewardess gets upset.

1 Like

Don't forget to check out other stores like Kinguin's summer sale. They have Steam gift cards on sale too so double-stack the discounts =)

1 Like

Damn. that's awesome!

Unfortunately, for people in US, the prices are set to the exact exchange rate, according to google, so the 50EUR card is set to $57.99, which is about $0.70 above the exchange rate. So, no luck on it for me. Thanks though.

So glad to see that one can collect the Steam cards and list them without using the software as right now my Steam software is totally buggered up. Thank goodness I won't miss out on free Steam cash when I sell whatever I get.