Steam Link is on Sale again @$20 on Amazon

Pick one up if you want, I saw some people in the deal chat talking about installing Kodi on it.

Edit Changed link to direct amazon link

2 Likes

Cool, its £149.99 in the UK.

2 Likes

wow god damn, pretty sure I could ship it to you for cheaper.

I think one seller has one and is hiking up the price for whatever reason.

There's another UK seller for 60 euro:

Still ridiculous.

(It's also $20 on the steam store right now)

1 Like

Its currently £15.99 directly from Steam or £39.58 with a Steam controller which isn't too bad, far better than £149.99.

3 Likes

I have the Steam Link.

I would definitely recommend it. It can be used to see your Desktop and not just for Steam Big Picture mode, meaning it can be a Netflix or other similar streaming device.

1 Like

I also have it and i can say it is a pretty good device as long as you have a good home network

2 Likes

Never tried it on wifi, but hard wire was solid as a rock

2 Likes

you motherfu.....you know I'm trying to save money but you keep drraaggging me back into my wallet with these deals.....

1 Like

Its a worthy investment really cant say anything negative about these devices.

1 Like

It's on amazon for 54 for both the steam controller and link. Cheaper there than on steam with prime shipping... damn I thought I could spend that 5 bucks I have on steam for something.

I have the steam controller and like it @mutation666 just that 50 bucks was a bit much for the link..... 20 is a good price

Controller is not worth it IMO

I would disagree but to each their own. Was pretty conditioned with the standard controller set up, takes some learning to get right with the steam controller. Been learning a lot in the last few weeks about how to use it well in FPS (which imo is dumb if playing against players with mouse and keyboard)

3 Likes

I think for the Steam controller alone at $20 it is worth it but I don't think I'd really use the Steam Link.

2 Likes

F**** you people, i just bought one! And whos gona get the ad-revenue ? Noone!

Thx for this thread :D

1 Like

I love the controller, was thinking about a link but don't think I would get much use for it and in will also have a second PC after I build a new one so no need for a link.

But then I hear people doing Jodi stuff on the link? Have they broken it good an proper yet? I wish Valve would just put an app out to do the link stuff in a phine or tablet. It is just ARM right?

2 Likes

You can use it as an HTPC in a living room.

I don't use it to game, but passing Netflix or wtv to my TV over wifi is nice if you don't already have a device for that.

I think it runs SteamOS. And yeah i think it is just an arm.

2 Likes

All ready have a chrome cast for that. Although a a second more capable thing might be useful.