Starting up my computer for the first time :) (help lol)

Hey guys, after being bored for an entire week because my laptop was in repair i finally decided to build my computer. So i turn it on for the first time and everything worked (LED's turned on, fans turned on etc... I'm very proud of myself :D) then i turn it off and connect it to a monitor this time, nothing came up. So i ring i my local tech guy (he's pretty nice and not like those apple "geniuses", no offence, who look down on you) he tells me to take the gpu out and the memory out (i wasn't sure if he meant ram or hard drive) and the computer should beep and then i should put my ram back in and it should only beep once and then the gpu and it should stop beeping and then picture should show. I took the gpu and ram out and it was constantly beeping, then i put the ram back in and it didn't beep...not even once. writing did appear on the screen saying something like "select different boot drive, press any key" or something like that. any help would be appreciated!

thanks in advance!

put a copy of windows in the disc drive (or USB port, whatever you're loading from)... press f2 or del or whatever your mobo requires to get into UEFI... go to boot drives and select your disk drive, boot from that and install windows (or whatever OS you're installing)...

leave the GPU out till you get windows installed and download drivers for the GPU...