Start on Mining

I used to be a dream miner like you until I took a …

While trading cryptocurrency is low-risk and you can make money, don’t waste your time mining.

If I were you I would research currency trading, and find a reputable local FOREX/CFD broker to get started with.

It’s hard to say, if we had known Bitcoin was going to skyrocket we’d all be mining back in 2013 :slight_smile:

I can’t really tell you what to get as it depends greatly on pricing and availability. If you’re new to computers I suggest you try to get your head around mining small and trading (fiat gateways) to see if you can pull it off. One of the better options would be to put 2 x RX 570 or RX 480 (if you can get them and they’re not too overpriced) into an existing computer. That should get you some 70-80 USD of ETH per month. Set it up to do pool-mining as mining solo will take too long.

As for the advice of buying bitcoin that people are giving here it should go without saying that buying at an all time high where bitcoin is now always comes at a risk. Do note that BTC dropped by nearly 50 % with the last Segwit in August and there could be a big sell-off with Segwit2x also.

2 Likes

Also note how quickly it recovered and how much higher it is now.

Bitcoin is at an all-time high indeed, but it could very well hit $500K or even $1 million someday. Those are not my words.

Wences Casares (Snapshat investor Jeremy Liew and Blockchain CEO Pater Smith are mentioned as having said the “$500K by 2030” number)

CNBC’s Jim Cramer (not that I think highly of him, but still worth linking)

Unless governments gang up and completely ban crypto, Bitcoin is only going to go up overall. Now’s not the time to spend it, you really want to hoard it.
But as always with volatile currencies the advice is to only invest what you can afford to lose, just in case they do ban crypto and your coins become worthless overnight.

You can hoard bitcoin but your risk would be far less and reward far greater if you bought at the dip. Also you really have to keep your nerves in check and even if you can afford to lose what you put in seeing it approach half its value may trigger a lot of people to sell.

Bitcoin could both hit a million or a millionth of a dollar. The majority of people with a say in finance advise against Bitcoin so it’s actually much easier to find the opposite opinions on this subject.

Besides Bitcoin is vastly inferior when compared to other crypto currencies It’s not as decentralized as we’d want it to be since the advent of asics and a transfer currently costs USD 5.5 so not really useful for buying coffee or lunch. We could see LTC, ETH or a number of other crypto currencies dethrone bitcoin too.

I’m not hating on Bitcoin but it and the other crypto currencies are all high risk and high reward.

1 Like

Of course BTC is high, @caprica is definitely right. Either you really do want to have the net Segwit2x coin, or wait for the pullback that is about to happen. I also think that Altcoins will suffer until Segwit2x, so if you like to speculate buy some Altcoins day before. When/If BTC drops you can buy it a new lows and wait for new highs :slight_smile:
That being said, I believe 8k or even 9k is possible before Segwit2x, which would be 6-20% higher, which is why I’m still holding some (I purchased it at 4.2k though, and I also sold some at 6k and 7k, so my risk right no is rather small)

Definitely not for mining, as they will switch to proof of stake instead of proof of work.
As others have said, you make more money investing in the coins than investing in mining rigs.

1 Like

Wellshit it 8 months ago $1,200 was an “all-time high”

That’s the entire reason that was invented

Still, if the outlaw the currency to crypto exchange that might pose as a problem.
I also doubt BTC will repeat new time highs over and over again, as time goes on it becomes to sluggish; but new cryptos will take its place. (I definitely hope there’s a future for Monero^^)

Everybody has his own favorite crypto :wink:
I personally have high hopes for Dash and Nem besides Monero.
But Bitcoin will not fall. It became the digital gold with conservative development and a lot of trust.
But it will definitely be replaced for everyday payments by sth more suitable.

Everyone remember John McAfee said that he would eat his own dick live on television if Bitcoin did not surpass $10,000

Screenshot_20171105-100819

Screenshot_20171105-101025

I know what you mean :wink:

However, I do still believe that as the blockchain continues to grow BTC will become slower and receive setbacks and as everything BTC will sort of max-out at a certain price level. Now, I don’t say this price level is reached, or that it will be reached in 2018, or that it is $50k. I just think it won’t continue it’s exponential growth indefinitely.

And as a side note - I think there will be a bear market on Novembre 16th.

Also: Is there any cryptocurrency thread related to trading on this forum? Because we somehow derail this one :smiley:

1 Like

the more people that buy some,
the less there is overall
the more its worth per piece

so we can theorize,
how much market pen (what % of people are users)
vs how much it costs
into how many % of people we expect to be users

But you also have to keep in mind the institutional money that pours into BTC right now. These guys wanna reap their profits soon, but we should discuss this in the other thread:
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/crypto-mega-thread-a-k-a-cryptocurrency-mining-isnt-for-hobbyists-and-ethereums-terrible?source_topic_id=120944