Start on Mining

Hello threre fellas im a newbie on the computer world and have barely no idea on how to mine coins but i want to get in on it do you guys think that it is still viable i have 5 000.00 to invest and if so what should i get with this money?

Your kinda late to the party, difficulty is rising and hardware isn’t making major leaps in performance. I would say there are better place to have your money right now, just my 2 cents though.

Buy AMD stock while it is low.

7 Likes

Buy coin, fuck dealing with mining risk ask @KuramaKitsune or you can buy a rig off him.

4 Likes

i will look at that!

ive still got 2x six gtx1080 machines

1 Like

Buy stock and buy bitcoin you’ll double your money pretty quick and you’ll be able to reinvest. Mining is a shithole unless you want to do Ethereum and even then GPU’s are a billion dollars right now.

1 Like

for sale if anyone wants em
i could use some cash to fix up my car
timing belt and random shit

Before you buy anything you should really look at profitability calculators and how long it will take you to earn back your money, including the increases in mining difficulty.

I wouldn’t do mining unless you have a solar array on the roof of considerable output, or can get power for next to nothing (some people somehow manage that).

1 Like

You will always make more money investing in the coin you want to mine than mining the coin. Say you estimate it will take you 12 months to break even, in those 12 months you will earn far more by simply owning the coin than mining it. Mining is not easy either, you have to tune cards, monitor temperatures and performance, troubleshot when things go wrong, keep an eye on prices and profitability, figure out the best method for holding profits or exchanging to money, and so on. There is more involved than jiust “run GPU make money”. That said, mining offers a hardware hedge against the prices in the market. Worst case the entire crypto market tanks, the traders are all screwed. The miners, on the other hand, have physical goods, that have tangible value. As others have said, make sure tovcheck power costs and run at least some rough estimates on profitability beforehand. Check out whattomine.

If i was you, i would invest $500 into crypto, and try my hand at trading. Learn more about your market, learn from others, and then consider building a small rig with the profits from your initial $500 (you should be able to take that $500 and turn it into enough for a small rig fairly easily). Then, if it is profitable and you feel so inclined, scale up your operation.

I’ve been mining in some form or another for the last 5 years or so, and mining at the beginning of this year was nuts. Mining now is not so crazy. I was making around 20-25 dollars a day earlier this year, now i make roughly 6. Bear in mind as well, I also am in a unique position where I am not charged for power (at least not kw/h), so my profitability it much higher. As a miner and a trader, I would not suggest investing in mining right now. Buy some BTC, XMR, ETH, LTC, and maybe spend a few hundred on 3-5 smaller coins you think have potential.

in btc
and FORGET about its existence for a year.

my rigs are set up to handle the small shit already,
plug the power and network in and it will boot and get to work automagically

If I had taken the $15,000 that I invested in mining machines 8 months ago and instead put it in a Bitcoin wallet and forgot about his existence until now I would have about $130,000

1 Like

I’ve been following this guy for a while, and he gives pretty sound advice for trading crypto:

$7,068.94
BITCOIN PRICE

btc is forking again, so you might as well let your btc get copied into the newformat
your btc will stay untouched, but the ammount will be copied over into the new coin format after the fork
you can then do what you will with it,
free money

1 Like

Don’t!
Or read up on basically everything xD. One word of advice though: Don’t mine the current flavour of the month, but rather anticipate a coming one. Every heard of Groestlcoin or Vertcoin for instance? Imho mining is all about anticipating the next winner, not mining what is currently just profitable.

That being said and as others have mentioned above, you could invest your 5k in coins. Bitcoin is a little high right now to be fair, but then again it was already high at 6k. I think BTC won’t rise much higher in the coming weeks, but Altcoins will (probably after Segwit2x). If you want to be on the safer side BTC should be fine as well for 2018; I suppose it will hit 10k before summer, but I’m just speculating xD

@The_Drugs Honestly, I doubt ETH will be as strong in 2018 than it was in 2017, there are other winners around. It also remains to be seen where LTC ends up since VTC is being hailed as the new LTC. Just out of curiosity, are you currently holding any of these?

Actual bitcoins

How much?

sold 1 on ebay for $5500 already (2 left)
id sell one here for like $4750? shipping was like 80 tho last time
call it 4800?

Don’t buy parts, you’re like 6 years too late to party, you’re running against multi-million dollar hippesters already 5-7 years deep in this. It would take you some mastermind level tinkering to get your 6 months to 2 years ROI, meanwhile you’re paying off the electric bill, meanwhile the russian/chinese mafia running million dollar mining rigs off free STATE electricity.

I would suggest buying as much bitcoin as you can before the upcoming fork to double your amount of bitcoins! Also trying to sell services or good for bitcoins. So I wouldn’t mine unless I’m living off a multi-story condo or in a low income free electricity HUD housing.

It’s not that low anymore (though… 9$, what could go wrong lol), should have done that 2 years ago… If only we knew :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jay and Jerry were joking about it when the R9 3XX cards were coming out on TechTalk and i got some… not bad now for a rainy day