Star Wars - The Last Jedi - Dec 15, 2017 [Spoilers]

Annoyance so far:

• Someone is still annoyed.
  • Copy & Paste rehash predictions.
1 Like

I read the youtube comments on the trailer video. And a lot of them said that this seemed like a copy and paste.

They even copy and pasted a hospital scene.

3 Likes

Friendly reminder that we do have a spoiler tag. I've edited your post to include it just to be on the safe side for anyone else who may not have seen the movie yet.

1 Like

I wonder if when Luke says "It's time for the Jedi to end." He decides against training Rey. So Rey decides to train herself and at the same time convinces Luke that he is wrong.

Maybe he does not believe in what he said and is rather using that line as a test in Rey's training.

3 Likes

I still don't understand this, especially now. The movie has now been out for four months, and the bluray came out two weeks ago. Anyone who cares has already seen it. Furthermore, the thing that I said isn't a spoiler. They aren't present in the later episodes.

You're a bit too frakking late for that. That bastard spoiled the ending for me months ago! But at least future readers won't have the ending spoiled. I mean seriously, he spoiled it in January! You guys need to be on top of that kind of shit.

1 Like

The hobbit books have been out for fifty years but if I were the movie thread for that, I would still not reveal that Thorin dies at the end. It's common courtesy for others to keep spoilers to a minimum when possible. Please keep it in mind for future threads.

1 Like

Speaking of The Hobbit. That was on TNT today.

Now if only Star Wars could be on TV more. Ever since Disney took hold, its hardly on TV anymore.

Hopefully The Last Jedi will be on TV.

3 Likes

What you said is a fucking spoiler because you flat out said the reason why! Your attitude that it doesn't matter because it's old and "everyone should've seen it by now," is disrespectful, selfish, and a dick move. There are people that don't like knowing what's going to happen or if there are any special cameos/treats for fans. (Yes, this is different from fanservice.)

I can only speak for myself, but when something is spoiled for me, my reaction is tied to reading some text or hearing someone talk about it, not actually witnessing the event for myself. I get cheated out of that experience, and I can never get it back. I want my emotions tied to that very moment in the story, not something outside of it. And don't go citing statistics either, I don't...care if I'm in the minority.

TL;DR, you're a fucking dick for not respecting the wishes of other viewers to have emotions tied to a moment in a story.

2 Likes

Leaked footage!!!

The special effects are amazing!

2 Likes

The Force Awakens opening weekend box office record has been overtaken by the newest Fast and Furious film ( in large part because of China. The Force Awakens opened in China a week later ).

The Last Jedi could take that record back. Especially if the film is released in China during the opening weekend.

#foodforthought

3 Likes

So is Hayden Christensen in VIII? And is the Rose character, that isn't even in the IMDB list, subterfuge for benicio del toro's and Tom Hardy's characters?

Doubt you can find answers for those questions.

UUUhhhhh Ya I will, when i watch the movie. Doesn't it seem odd that she is a pivotal character for the WHOLE series? REALLLY!!

If Hayday shows up I hope he keeps the helmet on.

I totally have not been treating this thread right. Lots of info has been released (I'm guessing :stuck_out_tongue: ) about the film and I never shared it here. :cry:

Anyway some new recent news.

We have some info and the ability to purchase some new ships that will be in The Last Jedi:

Also the names of some new characters that will appear in the new film.

Found this gem a few days ago.

...If you think you're going to go into the movie and recapture your childhood, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Damn, Mark...that's exactly what I was thinking in the back of my head. You can't capture lightning in a bottle twice. That moment has long passed. Those people are gone or have changed. Everything is different now.

Holy shit, he basically said this at 0:19!

Actual spoilers if you haven't seen the movie

Oh my god! Can you imagine if that was Luke's entrance? The lightsaber flies into his hand and he schools Kylo? That would've been fucking awesome! Show him why he's the grandmaster and disarm him, but of course, a Jedi would never take the life of an unarmed (maybe literally) opponent so he gets away. And yeah, why wouldn't Luke be able to sense Han was in trouble and leap into action or contact Leia? So much of this movie makes no sense!

TL;DR
Mark Hamill also likes the EU better. (He's even personally approved of Luke's development in the EU.) He should've been handed the rights to Star Wars (any individual, really, not a corporation, which George set out to destroy! Disney was one of the several studios that rejected the original Star Wars). He would've taken good care of the Galaxy.

1 Like
1 Like

Looool 5 months later. Live it

1 Like

Thanks for the link. I forgot the trailer was yesterday. :stuck_out_tongue: