Star Wars - The Last Jedi - Dec 15, 2017 [Spoilers]

oh you mean this?

-- before it was changed to return of the jedi.

4 Likes

Yeah, they announced that long ago during production of Force Awakens. However, I thought they would try to come up with a title logo, like ESB and RotJ have unique title styles. Now I know they're just being lazy.

Yeah, the prequels didn't have title logos either. I was disappointed then too, but it's such a minor thing.

1 Like

With this rate of movie releases, this is becoming to be the beginning of the end for the Star Wars franchise as Disney continues to milk the cash cow for all that it's worth and turns it into a watered down generic shell of its former self.

1 Like

Yes, have Peter Jackson make 3.5 hour star wars films that drag on forever and have massive amounts of film tropes for no reason. The only good films he made were the LotR films; Hobbit sucked and King Kong was awful.

1 Like

You didn't see that coming when they announced the standalone films they planned on doing as soon as they bought Lucasfilm?

1 Like

I actually would have loved a 3.5 hour Star Wars flick, the bang for your buck value is better with longer films.

As for The Hobbit, if I remember correctly, people were jumping ship left and right, if he had a more stable crew maybe the film would have been better. He was also more CGI minded in Hobbit, which was annoying, practically everything looked fake, especially the gold in the first film.

All things considered I would rather have him in charge.

3 Likes

I don't think so, the problem was him. For one thing, in LotR he had tons of time to prepare before the shoot, so I'll give him that. But the attempt to shove into the Hobbit as much LotR characters and characters not in the book was pretty much his fault. The decision to make it 3 movies was probably at least partly his fault. And definitely to make each film nearly 3 hours long, was his doing. You don't need over 8 hours to tell a 300 page book that could have worked great as just 1 film. The white council plot was pointless. Legolas and Kate from Lost was pointless. The love triangle was STUPID. Thranduil and Gandalf foreshadowing LotR (more like forelighting since it was so obvious) was so forced and annoying. The Battle of the Five armies which was like 30 pages or less IIRC didn't need to be an entire film. He seems to have no idea how to edit things down. For LotR it is fine because there is 1000 pages basically of story to tell. King Kong and Hobbit didn't need to be so stretched out. I like the condensed editing of Star Wars. A New Hope (original version) is one of the most well edited films of all time and it was only 121 minutes long.

3 Likes

Sooooooo, does that mean Maul is Snoke? We will find out after the end of season 3 of rebels, ... Maybe? That would make for a wicked lead in. Plus, given continuity if Ezra Bridger is in VIII.

And does this mean Kylo Ren dies in VIII?

1 Like

Mara Jade???????????????????

1 Like

Another Snoke candidate:)

7 Likes

Don't wanna click the link? I got you covered by my copy and paste powers ( ignore the number 1. Numbering got messed up ):

The wait has been unbearable but our Jedi mind control has seen us through.

In a few days the lucky people in Orlando will see the first official footage from Star Wars Episode VIII, but will it be streamed live. How long before the teaser trailer is uploaded to view separately online.

Will fans around the world be able to watch it or will it be weeks before it is released, as happened with the Rogue One material last year?

How long before the trailer will be shown in cinemas and how long, actually, is the trailer itself?

1. What day will the teaser debut?

The teaser will be released on April 14 during the Last Jedi panel at Star Wars Celebration Orlando. The panel will include Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy, director Rian Johnson and "special guests," which we assume will include Daisy Ridley, Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaacs, John Boyega and Adam Driver.

1. What time is the Last Jedi panel?

The panel will last 90 minutes and run from 11am to 12.30pm EST (Eastern Standard Time).

That is 4pm to 5.30pm in the UK.

1. What time will the teaser be shown in the hall to the audience?

The teaser will be shown live in the hall and also streamed live at 12.01pm EST (5.01pm UK time).

1. What time will it be uploaded online as a separate video?

Previous teasers and trailers at conventions have not been uploaded for days or even weeks. This time, though, the full video will be uploaded a few minutes later to the official Star Wars Youtube channel.

1. How long is the teaser?

The videos being called a teaser but it will not be as short as many similar first looks at blockbusters which are often under 30 seconds in length. Reports are confident that this tesaser will feel like and last as long as a regular trailer.

1. When will the teaser be shown in cinemas?

The Last Jedi first trailer will be shown before Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.

1. How can I watch the live stream?

For the Official Star Wars youtube channel go to: www.youtube.com/user/starwars

For the Official Star Wars website go to: www.starwars.com

Star Wars The Last Jedi is out in UK cinemas on December 15

3 Likes

Who needs Jedi when you can have an American made mini-gun where no magician can block that many bullets and when you heat bullets with a light saber just turns into liquid lead.

1 Like

Just so it's clear. Jedi is both a singular and plural term.

In the other languages that force you to give a difference in plural vs singular (like German I think) when it comes to types of verbs.

Like "The Last of the Mohicans" but as if Mohican was a valid way to refer to multiple Mohicans.

1 Like

Is the word "Last" in the title, past tense? Was Luke even a Jedi, he left before completing his training?

Is VIII going to be flashback central? Even Rocky had a Montage!!!

Many questions there are?

1 Like

Luke s widely known as 'The Last Jedi' Yoda said so and so did Grakkus the Hutt in the Room of Relics in the Star Wars comics...

1 Like

Was thinking before EP7 that tiny part how Luke has those imaginary friends and if Hayden Christensen would be acting imaginary friend Anakin. Also was wondering the same about Rogue One's Vader but nope.

So, seeing him appearing to Star Wars Celebration stream made me wonder that same question again.

1 Like

Questions:

Is Hayden Christensen playing Anakin again?
And WTF is Tom Hardy, he is definitely not at the top of the IMDB list for nothing. Storm trooper is bullshit. Will he be Vaders force ghost?

1 Like

The Live Stream and schedule

3 Likes

Woop woop!

2 Likes

I have at least some hopes for this with the new director.

I hope that Captain Phasma gets to give Finn a good spanking.
Someone has to.

1 Like