Star Wars - The Last Jedi - Dec 15, 2017 [Spoilers]

this is what you want?
http://www.starwars.com/news/the-official-title-for-star-wars-episode-viii-revealed

1 Like

If Kkruhk is canon or made canon... Maybe this is tied to the whole thing with Yoda telling Obi-Wan 'There is another' in ESB not being Leia maybe it's Kanan or Ezra...

Luke had a Jedi Academy, to which Ben Solo was a student of, and killed his peers

1 Like

I suppose you love the books.

2 Likes

The current canon forces you to read outside of the movies. If you watched TFA, you would know that there's more questions than answers at this point...

2 Likes

Is that actually an official site or is it just a fan site? Anyone can say that it is Episode 8.

1 Like

That is the official Star Wars website.

3 Likes

He had an academy, yes. But having a training academy doesn't mean that he was training them to become jedi, and it doesn't mean that anyone actually became a jedi. He could have stopped before anyone was able to finish.

1 Like

Well then there we go.

1 Like

Pretty sure there is still someone who simpy refuses to accept green lightsabers, known Star Wars fan fact that even the decision not to make something is wrong. :D

Like "this" guy, happens every time.

Can I have please one of them Luke grips.. !

2 Likes

Don't worry, I will take the liberty of force choking myself.

4 Likes

Of course is the oficial site, I would just drop an random site...It's the big deal man! And it's a awesome name for the movie! :)

1 Like

I stopped watching after the disappointment that was The Force Awakens.

Fuck you. Not even an alert. Go fuck yourself.

Luckily I stopped before I finished. I plan on watching it eventually, just not paying to see it in the theater. I'll watch it on DVD. At least this way if I'm disappointed, I won't have wasted whatever ridiculous price movie tickets go for these days (plus popcorn and soda). I plan on doing this with the rest of the sequel trilogy and standalones too, because fuck spending money to be disappointed.

2 Likes

NOTE: This post does not contain spoilers

I'm a big Star Wars fan and even I have to say TFA was right down there with Phantom Menace in the worst movies of the series. Because of that I just got around to watching Rogue One the other day, and I have to say it was actually a really good movie. There was a couple quirks I thought didn't really fit in, but I'd watch it again for sure, and I'm definitely going to get when it comes out on disc.

Although I'm also pretty lucky to live in an area where movie tickets are less than $10 for an adult, so they're reasonably priced compared to the prices I've heard from people from away.

2 Likes

They probably don't want to count all the way up to star wars X.
It could lead to some unwanted search results

1 Like

The Episode Numbers aren't going away, just absent in the titles. This is probably some kind of decision to harken back to the original trilogy, none of the movie titles ever had Episode in there (outside the crawl) until The Phantom Menace. And The Force Awakens also did not have it.

also Red revenge of the jedi logo:

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused when I read no more numbers then saw lucasfilm show the numeral for eight in the official release announcement.

3 Likes

I think that having felicity jones already brought up some unwanted search results.

4 Likes

The red logo is so badass, I hope this will take lot more risks story wise. Probably, since it's not JJ. Rian Johnson is a lot better of a film maker than Abrams and Edwards. I liked Force Awakens at first then it grew terrible after further thought, exactly like Star Trek 09 and Into Darkness. But I loved ST Beyond. So I think my hate is mostly just Abrams filmmaking. I didn't like Rogue One at all.

Anyways, am I the only one to like the title of the film? It seems like a fairly standard fantasy-story type name.

1 Like

George sold out on day 1. The franchise was always about merchandise.

2 Likes

Then I mean the second time. I was not too happy with him selling to Disney. If he wanted to sell, I would not have minded a sale to WingNut Films. Star Wars could have been a lot better under the direction of Peter Jackson.

3 Likes