Star Wars - The Last Jedi - Dec 15, 2017 [Spoilers]

@HK-47 Earlier, I agreed with @Levitance’s statement, because 7,8,9 are neither about the New Republic, nor the New Order, but rather Rey, Finn and Poe.

zoidberg

It doesn’t change the fact though, that the destruction of these planets and the scope of the whole war is badly written. Alderaan had a better effect in my opinion. That being said, even if it is equal to Alderaan being blown up, the stakes are different. In ANH this is used to show the ultimate power of the Empire, they don’t (really) use this to defeat their enemies. In TFA it apparently crippled the New Republic.

@crazymag Yeah, it is probably better that Rey is a no-one, everything else would have been stupid in the end.

Just realized they (i.e. fans) could probably make an edit of the film that deletes all of Finn and Rose storyline. That’s how integral it was. So:

just make Finn wake up and meet Rose and then go sit in a room the whole time.
When Resistance escape on the transports, instead of “discovering” the ships through some convoluted shit, just have them look out the fucking window, or start shooting them when Snoke shows Rey through his magnifying glass thing.
Finn and Rose are already in the bunker at the end, rather than flying in there on a stolen shuttle.

Literally no impact on the plot whatsoever!

Though, I wish Disney would make a fan edit that deleted the whole film…

1 Like

There is a subreddit that could do that. I forgot the name tho… All they do is edit movies and such. Tho they probably won’t be able to upload it, cause of copyright and such.

If I had the time I would do it.

So apparently, Star Wars isn’t working out as well as Disney planned…or maybe it’s the shareholders had too high expectations.

Paywalled, but provided, in case anyone has a subscription.

Even the Internet Archive didn’t get past the paywall, but the article is reprinted here…for now.

Interesting video on the growing rebellion.
1 Like