Star Wars - The Last Jedi - Dec 15, 2017 [Spoilers]

New Star Wars film named and annoucned:

It's official. STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is the next chapter of the Skywalker saga. This December. #TheLastJedi https://t.co/BeYXdsBU2f pic.twitter.com/C1A4a1Tbrp

— Walt Disney Studios (@DisneyStudios) January 23, 2017

DATE

Release date is December 15, 2017 - http://www.starwars.com/news/the-official-title-for-star-wars-episode-viii-revealed

OTHER ARTICLES:

Also, no more Episode numbers, according to the Verge

REACTION

Twitter is not happy with the name. Some people have some theories, most are not to write home about tho. This one would be cool, if it were to be true:

The last Jedi isn’t Luke. That’s too obvious. And Rey isn’t the last Jedi. My guess is the last Jedi will be an old, Order 66 survivor.

— Jake Elman (@JakeElman) January 23, 2017
6 Likes

How, they need to end on 9 or the trilogy will not be complete, Disney said they had a new trilogy VII VIII IX, I could see the numbers ending after IX and that would make me happy.

2 Likes

Roman Numerals are like cursive, no one is learning that anymore.

And just having the normal 8, 9, 10 looks ugly.

And because: Disney

3 Likes

It would be 7 8 9

Do you have a source saying the next one wont be Star Wars IX "some nonsense"

1 Like

I stopped watching after George sold out, so thanks for the clarification.

No.

4 Likes

I would really recommend seeing at least rouge one, and reading the extended universe stuff(comics novels etc) if you like starwars that is. VII (7) was alright, but I think it would be better with the next two installments.

2 Likes

Starwars the dawn of the version numbers.
Suggested mask: Swars-1.2.3

1 Like

I saw no confirmation that this was indeed Episode 8. Correct me if I am wrong about that. So I am guessing that this will be another side story like Rogue One. It would make sense considering that Order 66 happened in the same time period as the other non-Episode movies, and it would give them more time to deal with the whole Fischer situation. But you could also say that Luke is the last jedi at this point (assuming he didn't take an apprentice afte rEpisode 6). Details on what happened between 6 and 7 are scarce.

2 Likes

Of course it is the next episode! Simply they didn't add the Episode 8 thing. It's to be launch in December, it's Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi!

2 Likes

I wonder if they are going to have something at the end to honor Carrie Fisher.

3 Likes

Probably the movie is dedicated to her

1 Like

But point releases imply that the subsequent episodes will be improvements of the previous episodes, which is obviously not true.

1 Like

The point means that there are significant changes within an iteration or step within the same project.

1 Like

I still have no proof of that. It could very well be about Order 66. I think Luke would make more sense as being the "last" but it might also be about the time between 6 and 7. They really haven't given us any sort of confirmation.

1 Like

I hope the meaning of the title is that Luke realized that the old Jedi way is at its core morally bankrupt, and he will no longer teach that curriculum, thus making Luke the last jedi, but we still get more Light side force users in the future.

2 Likes

I have been hoping for grey jedi Luke since I heard that they were going to be making new movies. I don't think that Disney has the balls.

1 Like

The signs are there in episode 6. The force choking, the heavy handed lightsaber techniques, etc. Last time there was a bet on whether or not Disney had the balls, we got the entire crew of Rogue One dying on Scarrif. I'd say Disney does in fact have the balls.

2 Likes

I really hope that you are right.

1 Like

fuck me man.... spoilers.... Thanks for ruining that for me. I haven't seen it yet.

1 Like

It's been a month and you're in a star wars thread. Don't cry to me about your own lack of preparation.

Also, they don't appear in episode 4 (spoilers). What else would happen?

4 Likes