Star Wars: Rogue One: Who's Going?!

Dear Lord..... XD

I just don't see how people didn't like TFA... but oh well.

I Guess i'm just a star wars fan. And i am beyond excited. The hype, feels more extreme then when i was a kid and The Special Editions were coming to theaters, then Episode I.

I just don't know what to say lol, but i'm pumped, and will have a blast. Seeing it Thursday night, and then again for sure on the 20th in IMAX. I will see it more times as well, i'm sure.

Expanded Universe is far better :) These garbage sequels made by people who can not come up with something original.

1 Like

Most of the Expanded Universe was completely derivative <.< come on now....
Like 50 Super weapons.
The Skywalkers Expanded....

I just don't get it. But seeing as how i am probably the only Star Wars fan on here, i will probably not continue to make these Threads.

The general Forum consensus is 'Don't like em, won't like em'.

Yup the Stars Wars is screwed :( Think I have 200 something of their books and think poorly of the last couple of movies. I am heavily invested in the expanded universe and so far ? It is superior but messy :)
I really do not understand why no effort was made to try and product some of the best content of the derivatives. Low hanging fruit with stuff like the Hand of Thrawn ?

I cant wait! Pre purchased ticktets for an entire row at my local AMC theather. Taking all of my friends :)

Sweet! Yeah, Thursday night, I will have to wait in line.... and it might rain <.< Going to get there around 4:30 (starts at 7PM).

However, last year i went just as early, and they let us in about an hour before. Was super fun. Everyone was a fan, and a guy came up and took a theater-wide selfie XD

When i see in the 20th, though, the seats will be reserved, about 20 of us are going, plus some people are bringing their kids.

Wish i had an AMC theater here... with Dolby Cinema T_T Closest one is 2.5 hours away in the bay area. Dying to see it. HDR, dual laser projectors.... :(

Then in Sacramento, the Esquire IMAX is doing 2D IMAX 70mm (65mm of the film is visuals, 5.. is audio. = 70mm) (since it was shot with an Arri Alexa 65mm with an Ultra Panavision lens. Same ones used for Hateful Eight. I saw Interstellar there. was awesome, but doubt i will get to take trips this year for Rogue One. VIII i'll commit to seeing it once in Dolby Cinema.

There's only been one movie post lucas. What are you even talking about.

Aww man, so it's not 15/70 then? That's a shame, the AT-ACT's will be a lot less impressive.

i got to say i had very low hopes after episode 7 but that trailer was a work of art worthy of star wars. that gave me hope again.

Well, Actually, 65mm is the sensor. When people say '70mm' it is actually 65mm. The other 5mm is actually the audio.

as for 15perf 70mm, naw. That is the actual IMAX standard. Rogue One, on the other hand, will be very wide. In fact, i believe the widest standard. Same as Hateful Eight. So i believe it will be 5 perf 70mm (looking at the film cells of the 15/70 they gave out).

@fredrich_nietze That's unfortunate. I loved it lol. Not sure what some people's problems were (well, i know some.. but they are basically complaining for the sake of complaining). I mean it is universally acclaimed and loved, both by fans, casual movie goers, and critically. I'm thinking that this forum contains the majority of those who didn't like it lol.

Uhh, nope. 15/70 is narrow, it's close to 4:3. It accentuates heights in a really beautiful way, which is why it was so good in Civil War when Giant Ant Man was fighting. From what we saw in the trailers, a lot of shots of the AT-ACT's were up, from the ground soldier perspective. That lends itself to the tall frames, so the fact that this was shot in panavision, which is like 2.5:1, will mean they won't look as looming and we will get a lot more of the background during those shots.

All I know is if larry king can have a child at 75+, vader can have one around the end of RoTJ

Right, but RoTJ was in 4 ABY. "He's been dead for ten years."

because that would be the most unbelievable part about the franchise. Send me calender, the only one i have is based on JC. Can't be dead for ten years if you never existed.

maybe they Cryo'd her as a baby

Now that's interesting actually. The characters were worried that Han might die as an adult, I wonder if a baby could survive carbonite.
Also, do you age in carbonite?

if everybody loved it then what does that make me? and the cast of south park?

i meant Rogue One will be very wide lol
We are both saying the same thing though :P

Don't worry, however, because Rian Johnson is filming parts of VIII in imax, so you will see some IMAX standards then.

(i will amend my previous post, because by 'it', i meant Rogue one. I can see how that was confusing lol)

Haha, makes sense now!

Yup, and you know what that means. I'll be driving six hours to the nearest 15/70 theater next december! I can't wait...