Star Wars: Rogue One: Who's Going?!

Well i mean, Cassian and Jyn are using it for their mission. It is not just a simple transport ship. It is a versatile ship with multiple purposes. I am pretty sure this scene is Bistan in the U-Wing.

The ships official model is the Incom UT-60D, which is a transportation/gunship.

No clue what purpose the s-foil positions are, but it does have a second form. They go back. Could be an attack position, or maybe it is built for speed? no clue.

Used to lay down fire and transport troops, this would make great sense as to why we wouldn't have seen it in 4/5/6/7. There weren't really any ground battles. And even the Hoth battle didn't require troop transport, they were defending and using Snow Speeders. the U-Wing is definitely not the best choice for space battles.

Another reason for this is because the U-Wing is a new ship concept created for Rogue One and didn't exist in the EU previously.

im talking retroactive logic lol

but the EU/Legends brings up another point. The bit about Victory Class ships being the only star destroyers that can enter atmosphere is apart of Legends, not canon. it is canon that ISDs can now enter atmosphere.

Dismissal: Ah, that's bullshit, just like Kessel is actually a spherical planet now, instead of a chunk of space rock with barely a breathable atmosphere.

@Alamar has the best explanation.

i heard a quote from one of the higher ups in disney.
"star WARS rogue one is too much like a WAR movie you need to change that"

Disney doesn't understand star wars and all they care about is money. they are going to fuck it up like they did 7 and i hate them for it.

1 Like
  1. I love 7.

2. Disney handles marketing and such, but don't be fooled. Lucasfilm (Kathy Kennedy) is holding the reigns on Star Wars. George Lucas made this clear.

3. That 'quote' came out during the whole "reshoot' debacle, which has been defunct. For one thing, those re-shoots were planned... not a scramble to change the film. this has been confirmed. And during that time, people kept 'reporting' that the re-shoots were also to add in the new dude playing Han Solo. the Media was grasping. already been shot down by Edwards himself.

How did Disney mess up 7? for one thing... it isn't messed up lol. and another thing, Kennedy, Abrams, and Kassdan were in charge.....

Threat: Don't get us started...

You hit the nail on the head. And unfortunately, they are making that money back.

There was an article when they first chose Gareth Edwards director for this standalone movie in which he said, "it's Star Wars," implying it would be darker and grittier than any movies of the saga. So they should've known what to expect.

There's a rumor it won't have an opening crawl. Their reasoning is stupid. All the games I've played had crawls. The only one I ever did that didn't was Republic Commando.

The score for Rogue One will officially be done by Michael Giacchino

The final trailer!

I hope we get at least 30 seconds of Vader + Lightsaber goodness. Perhaps Krennick fails him for the last time lol

Here is a breakdown of the trailer.

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/10/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-trailer-breakdown-and-analysis.html

1 Like

The TIE Striker was a streamlined variant of the TIE line starfighters used by the Galactic Empire for in-atmosphere engagements and the defense of important Imperial bases. Though designed for atmosphere, it could also function in space and accompany traditional TIE fighters. Equipped with advanced high-speed wings, it was faster than the standard TIE/LN starfighter and had an extra pair of laser barrels.

Bought my tickets last month for Thursday, the 15th, at 7PM. Who else already has their tickets?!?!?

Rejection: Not me! After how awful Force Awakens was, I'm never seeing a Contracted Disneyverse movie again. They've got enough of my money!

1 Like

The movie seems pointless story wise, (spoilers: the Death Star Blows Up!). However I would MUCH rather see this than Passengers or fucking Assassin's Creed. Talk about corporate pandering.

My firewall vendor is hosting a screening Thursday night that I'm thinking of going to not too sure yet.

I got a pretty big theory, anyone wants spoilers?

Rogue One Cast (7) = Knights of Ren (7)
Jyn Erso + Vader = A third child = Rey
Star Wars VII = Empire = Rey, Vader is your father!

A flash back is a device that star wars has never used to provide additional information to a story line, but prequels can. Like who were the knights of Ren are and who Rey's father is. In VIII will we know in advance of Rey who her Father is?

Everything that is old is new again.

What information about Kylo Ren will be provided in the Han Solo prequel/Spin Off prior to the release of IX?

No interest in seeing this film in a movie theater. The magic of the originals has been lost and more than likely can't be reproduced in the upcoming films. The Force Awakens was the last straw for me.

3 Likes

Seems to be reoccurring fan thing, luckily for me I haven't ever felt that way from any Star Wars. Though, this time I'm more interested about Transformers: The Last Knight than Rogue One which weirds me out a bit.

Anyways aren't you looking forward at all how Luke has evolved over the years as person and Jedi?

Doesn't matter how new Star Wars is done because ever since EP1 its been a fact for me at least that part of the fanbase will absolutely despise it, and I think same fanbase would also hate not doing the sequel or spinoff at all. :D

I just might actually go see it.

(should we tell him that Rey was born in 15 ABY?)

I used to watch Star Wars because i enjoyed and cared about most the characters. Besides Lando...fuck that guy. Luke has been out of the picture for so long...when I saw him at the end of The Force Awakens and it was this 30 sec helicopter shot of music with a cut to credits....I was just like gimme a fucking break.

That said, I am interested to see what happens with Luke and that's about it. One character isn't enough for me to care about seeing a spin-off episode 3.5. Same goes with episode 8. If anyone else is going to see it, I hope you enjoy it.