Star Wars: Rogue One: Who's Going?!

Personally I hope they have what was cut from the film on dvd / blu-ray. Apparently Disney thought it was too dark for the kiddies, but it's not like the film was a fairy tale either.

2 Likes

Spoilers kek (like for real)
well everybody dies lol, how kid friendly can you get?

1 Like

Its funny because Spoiler:
My sister hasn't watched it and I tell her that "everybody dies at the end" for every movie she watches (even kids movies) as a joke but this time I'll tell her and she'll think I'm joking till the end.

1 Like

Considering movies are subjective, uhh, yes.

Saw the movie. It was alright I guess. Nothing special.

That sounds like what they cut merited an R rating. We can't have that now, can we?

You've never heard of word of mouth, have you?

I've heard much more in favor of it than against it, especially on places like /r/StarWars and /r/movies. If you are doing it based on word of mouth and you're getting the idea that it's like irredeemably bad, you're just ignoring the majority of the information.

Actually, i think what was mostly cut was due to re-writes. Like....

we never see the shot of Jyn running with the plans on the beach. They never leave the central installation. I think an earlier draft had her getting the physical copy to someone. during the re-writes, it changed to an upload to Admiral Raddus' ship.

I believe Jyn probably lived in the earlier draft, as she had a two movie contract. But they ended up killing her as well. That might not be true, and maybe she will cameo in the Han Solo flick. She already looks hella young, she could play 5-10 years younger.

Viewed it a third time (in Dolby Atmos) on Christmas. It keeps getting better with subsequent viewings. This time around The deaths all hit me,.. like hard. K-2SO, Bodhi, and Chirrut especially T_T. And That Vader scene.... I also noticed a 3rd appearance of the Ghost, from rebels. lol.

Nope, the whole Star Wars universe is totally worn out, even the old republic era.

watched it on last friday, kinda slow at first, but it was better than episode 7 imho.

Star Wars is pretty much dead to me other than I showed interest in that new SW Battlefront game. Watching the movies over again I watched them and really thought they were meh including the original ones.

Currently Watching TFA lol
I am hearing that a lot, that people prefer RO to TFA, however, I think im in the minority. while i really like RO (3rd viewing was awesome), I think i prefer TFA. But they are all fun.

im just glad i can point people in the direction of this movie over the three fuck ups that lucas made in the 2000s.

it was pretty good. nothing super groundbreaking. id watch it again.

i recently re-watched them.... and while i like some things... they don't really hold up. I understand that it was the time of Jedi, but having lightsabers out all movie really takes away from the impact of the final fights. Well, in 2/3 anyways. but yes, i love the past 2 films. definitely the right direction.

What did you think of the score? Giacchino had 4 weeks to compose it lol
I will say.. Imperial suite is stuck in my head, and i even learned to play along on guitar. definitely the best of the film.

Seeing it the second time, it was boring to me, especially the first half. The characters are sooo boring. They have no personality, it reminded me of prequel characters. Jyn Erso might have been even more boring than Padme in Episode 2. Her backstory is just: your father got taken by the empire and then you hid in a bunker and were found by Forrest Whitaker. Done. How are we supposed to relate to that? Cassian has 0 backstory. He says he has been rebelling since he was 6. It would be nice to hear something about this, his story, to give some kind of drive or relation to the characters. The blind guy and the machine gun guy while they had some personality, I got nothing from them. So all the characters are not able to be likable because they just mope around and we know nothing about them. I doubt anyone is going to say in a few years that Jyn is their favorite Star Wars character. At least kids can like weak characters like Count Dooku or Jar Jar. I can't imagine kids pretending to be Jyn versus Rey, Padme, Asoka, etc. However, K2SO is pretty good. Ironically, the cold robot felt more human, than the humans.

That's Alan Tudyk for you. Best actor in the movie, and he played a robot :S

just saw it yesterday... it is very cliche and wasn't good until 1/2 way in. the battles saved it. People literally died for no apparent reason...

i suggest if you havent seen it yet. think that this movie will really suck and you will end up liking it. i usually have to do that now for most movies