Star Wars: Rogue One: Who's Going?!

why would you let other people's perception of something influence your own decisions, opinions, and enjoyment?... i will never understand that lol

Word of mouth is a very powerful force...especially when it comes to movies. You can see this by the box office numbers: If the revenue is high the week of release and then drops dramatically the second week, that's word of mouth doing its job. With social media, you probably don't even have to wait that long to find out, if you're a studio exec.

1 Like

I read some of the longer posts in this thread but the article @HK-47 listed about the 18 similarities is right on point. The movie certainly followed a formula set by the prior film and felt likt a reboot as opposed to a sequel. One point that was missed in the article was that Kylo and Vader both wore masks, that on the surface, seem to do the same thing.

The worst part was Kylo Ren, though. I can see they were going for creating a character that was strong with the force but couldn't control his anger, however the actor that portrayed Kylo did a terrible job. So bad, that he came off as a whiny child instead of a young man with uncontrolled malice in his heart. The casting just ruined this movie for me.

That's what they say to make sure the skeptical fans don't shit their pants. Disney had their say in the movies...who do you think made the schedule of 1 movie a year for the next decade? Not Lucasfilm. You can bet your ass that Bobby made some decisions in the board room that affected the movie in one way or the other

i just think you are wrong on that. That is the consensus on even all the Marvel films as well. But i loved TFA, so if he had 100% control... i loved the final product lol.

And we will have to agree to disagree on Adam Driver and Kylo Ren. I thought Adam was PERFECT, and Kylo Ren is a great character. More multidimensional than many previous villains.

Not even a little bit interested. Not at all.

1 Like

It's not like Bob Iger went down the studio an micro managed the production 24/7. Of course Disney is going to play some strings at some point. To what extent, it seems fair to say less then more after reading a few articles on the subject. With a company as big as Disney, it seems absurd to me to think that anything under their umbrella is free of their watch and hand.

The corporate office is the one who chooses who goes where in any branch of the company and they put people in who will take their feedback well. I've seen many job postings for high level positions in Marvel on the HUB and Lucasfilm will be no different

There are certain people whose opinion I trust on movies. I don't want to waste my time and money on something I won't like. It's just like reading reviews for games, hardware or just about anything else. Do you not believe that there are others who share your opinion? Do you not value your time?

I have been waiting for this movie for 2 years... so... lol
We are just different. I am a huge star wars fan. there won't be a Star Wars movie that i won't be excited for, and that i won't see, day 1. well, in my case, last 2 films i saw a day early, but yeah.

And there isn't another person like me, who shares the same likes and dislikes, so no.. i make my own opinions.

But this is turning in to a wierd thread.... lol

I have no interest in trying to do the impossible and change someone's opinion. It was really a thread for people who are excited to talk and discuss the film. This is the comments section of Youtube :P

So many haters here. Oh well, some people just choose not to be happy.

My order, after watching Rogue One, is 6-5-4-R1-7-3-1-2. I think it's a little unfair though, because it had to fit into a world that is already so complicated. If it had been the original movie instead of ANH, I'd place it solidly above ANH. (And I'll defend to the death that 6 is better than 5, ewoks are fucking sadistic killers and it's awesome.)

I have a feeling that after watching R1 a few more times I may place it ahead of 4.

Well aren't you a special little snowflake.

Empire is my favorite, however, I think Rogue One will grow on me more after a second viewing.

My biggest issues.....

CGI Tarkin/Leia (Hello Greedo actually brought up something i wish was true... Vader should have replaced Tarkin's role in the film. would have been awesome)

I didn't care much for that mind squid.

The begining felt a little slow.

Also, wanted to mention some things i enjoyed that i didn't mention before....

Vader's Castle is on Mustafar ;) Just wish they would have written it out like they did the other planets.

The Ghost (ship) Chopper (droid) from Rebels were in the film. Also, General Syndulla (either Hera or her dad) were called over the intercom.

Loved the analog version of holo chess XD.
Also.. this sickly twilek was CREEPY and cool lol.

Wish Chirrut and Baze got more story background, since they were Guardians of the Whills, but that is still cool

@Braysive i guess i just like to make up my own mind, and not have other people do it for me :P

Yeah so you should probably go smoke crack, don't let anyone else decide you don't like it for you.

That analogy really doesn't work.... I have no interest in smoking anything..... But i do like movies.. so..... like, what? XD

just got back from seeing rogue one, enjoyed it more than episode 7, how it ended made me very satisfied.

As someone on the forum I see posting regularly and whom I'd say has an opinion I generally trust I would say that I am happy to hear that and more likely to go see it now but according to @Weston that's just me not thinking for myself, because you know, movie recommendations are basically group think.

1 Like

Who decided Forrest Whitaker would be a good choice for a Star Wars movie? The guy almost single handedly ruined Species! What next? Oprah as ships counsolar on a Super Start Destroyer asking people "how they feel"?

Still plan on seeing it. Star Trek survived baldy somehow.

He's fine. Technically spoilers, but if you know stuff about his character in the cartoons, it's already been seen:

He plays the crazy terrorist part well.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it :) However... don't you wish.....

3-PO and R2 would have made their cameo on the Tantive IV, instead of how they did?

spoiler
nah, that wouldve overlapped with a new hope for scenes when shes dont recording the message, wouldve been weird but at least they got some sort of cameo lol didnt really expect it