Star Trek: NSA - and some other Questions about Trek

So, i don't know if it came up, but i looks like, the NSA has build a Bridge-Like command center...

http://helablog.com/2013/09/congress-plays-star-trek-replica-enterprise-bridge-used-to-sell-surveillance/

That started me thinking...we all know Star Trek has had a very great deal with all our daily lives, maybe some things wouldn't even have come up. Everything is progressing so fast and it looks like a lot of people are just "living their lives" without thinking for tomorrow. To me it looks like the social progress has been overtaken by the technological progress and a lot of people just can't cope with it.In Star Trek however, we know that the UFP isn't using any money internally, everything is "payed" with a "need to have" basis. "We need a few new Ships, but some colony on Tau Cygna 4 (yes, i know, it has been taken over by the Sheliak, i just couldn't come up with another Name :D) needs a new Water-Purification System - so the ships are delayed."

Personally, i believe such a System is "doable" - with some changes in our society. So for example, even if i was born in Germany, my Passport says i'm a german, probably my german is better then my english and i am somewhat proud to be a german of today - first and foremost i'm Human. We all are and despite our differences we might have, it is possible to live together in total peace. And before this is going to get to philosphical, i'm going to cut to the point :D

So i'm wondering - have we gone to far or are we going to go to far? A lot of times i think to myself "because we can do it, it doesn't mean we should do it" and think about how often things have gone wrong in those 725 Star Trek Episodes, because the society, hasn't been able to keep up with the technological progress and "forgot" to ask about "should we really do that"...

And despite the fact, that is probably impossible - should we slow down a little? Would that even be possible? Because somehow i fear, that Skynet, the Borg, the genetically enhanced humans (Kahn and the like) and a lot of other "not so nice" things are right around the corner, if things are going to progress, like they do at the moment...

Oh and to come back to the first thing in this allready to long Post: Somehow that Logo on those walls looks romulan and somehow i have to think that maybe we are in the Mirror-Universe :D

I hope that isn't to long to answer for the INBOX.EXE, but i think it's something we have to start thinking about, IMHO. And i would love to hear, what you guys are thinking about that.

PS: Normally i'm not that pessimistic... xD