Star Citizen - Should i "Fly Now"

Didn't they run into some legal trouble?
Apparently they stole the main algorithm that the whole thing runs on? ( the procedural generation thing )

I had heard something about that but they completely denied those claims
and even offered to have the dude that actually created that code come down and take a look

http://www.pcgamer.com/company-claims-no-mans-sky-uses-its-patented-equation-without-permission/

2 Likes

Wow, people are giving No Man Sky's devs a hard time, I wonder why though, is there a valid reason?

Idk
There's a massive b******* right over on Reddit or 4chan because someone was able to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 4 version of the game the dude paid like $1,300 for it and he's been streaming the game

for like a week now and everyone is pissed off because I guess the game isn't living up to all the hype?

But the game isn't even out yet (No Man's Sky)...

Exactly

Only the single player campaign is planned to be released this year. From what I've heard the PU is estimated to be released next year but I don't know if CIG have said that or just people guessing.

LOL. You are probably too young to remember the shitshow that was this game:

On topic?...

Beta is next year iirc, i don't recall a 2016 date for beta unless it was said a long time ago.

They were saying first bit of sq42 to come out Christmas but we'll see if that happens...

But in general, is that considered... the GAME? So the game will be released this year? And other components will be released next year?

I will actually be able to purchase Star Citizen THIS YEAR?

At this point, who knows. They just changed their terms of service to basically say that they'll release SQ42 whenever and the PU is going to be released as a minimally viable product, oh and no refunds (because at this point, they have broken their original TOS, so everyone otherwise would've been entitled to a refund right now).

Squadron 42 will most likely be released before 2017, the PU however will take longer since SQ42 takes priority with all the assets like motion capture, 3d sound design, etc. You can check out their youtube channel to get informed of how well their pushing the limits. https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceInd

All in all, it's your choice whether you buy the game now or later, it would be wise to purchase a game package while in the development stage if your interested as the prices and perks may change in the future.