SSD Raid 0

I have the 120gb 840 series SSD.  It runs at 530 MB/s.  If I got another one and put them in Raid 0 would I get 1060 MB/s or would it be like Crossfire/SLI where scaling isn't 100%?

RAID 0 is more suitable for HDDs. I don't believe it makes that much difference with SSDs.

In my opinion, RAID 0 is one of the worst RAID configurations, because it offers no redundancy. RAID 1 offers a little performance boost and redundancy, at the cost of capacity. That would be a better solution.

Less of a trade-off if you don't create an array with two SSDs.

Can you elaborate on how raid 1 works, or 5 maybe 10 if you can. Or is their somewhere i can go to get this info in simple text?

RAID 1 offers NO performance increase - it is a straight mirror.

RAID 0 is striping which splits data evenly across disks and in theory will double the read and write speed, but it is never actually double and it is high risk.

RAID 5 is like raid 0 but splits the data across 3 or more disks and has a level of redundancy where some data is copied onto two of the disks so if you loose a disk to failure or an error you can rebui8ld your data

RAID 0 + 1 is raid zero with a redundancy - like raiding two 500gb drives into a single 1tb drive and then raiding that array with a single 1tb drive to get the redundancy.

RAID is never really worth it for a 'Normal" PC because unless you are going to spend big on a quality controller card, all the overhead of writing, reading and finding the data you are working with has to be calculated by the CPU.

For an in depth run down look here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_RAID_levels

Raid 0 = twice as fast as the slowest disc but its allso prone to failing and when it fails you lose all data.

x2 500gb drives gives you 1tb of space

Raid 1 = for longer drive life and can sometimes be slower than a single disc + you lose 1/2 the capacity x2 500gb drive = to 500gbs of space data can be recoverd from raid 1 partitions

RAID is never really worth it for a 'Normal" PC because unless you are going to spend big on a quality controller card, all the overhead of writing, reading and finding the data you are working with has to be calculated by the CPU.

I disagree. From my own experience and what I've heard the CPU overhead is not big. Also, RAID 1/1+0 will boost read/write performace which is the bottleneck on most applications.

If I lose my data I personally don't have anything vaulable on there.  I am 15.  My SSD has my OS and some games.