SSD In A Cheap Build?

Hello everyone!

I am planning to build a PC in a couple of months and since it will be my first one, I don/t want to break the bank if anything goes wrong. MY system is planned to be around 500. It is...

AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU

MSI A78M-E35 Motherboard

2GB EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost GPU Or if I cant find it the Radeon R7 260X 

8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport RAM

1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue HDD

430W Corsair CX430 PSU

Rosewill Line-M Case

This is from a duncan33303 PC build video.

I have a bit of extra cash to spend and I was wondering if it would be worth it to buy a small SSD for $100.

Is it worth it? Should I upgrade something else with the money? If you think I should get one, what SSD? 

Thank you for any advice you can provide.

Sorry, for some reason the parts list formated weird

AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU

MSI A78M-E35 Motherboard

2GB EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost

8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport RAM

1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue HDD

430W Corsair CX430 PSU

Rosewill Line-M Case

If you're looking for purely gaming performance, not worth it.

If you love that zip when booting and just a faster overall windows experience- totally worth it.

Also- 650ti boost 2gb is pretty much extinct (at least in canada) Gtx 660 sells for like $15 more and you get AC4 for free!

Yeah, I would put that extra hundred bucks toward a better GPU.  Maybe next time, then a SSD.

Thanks, what cheap SSDs do you suggest? And I will look at the GTX 660

For the price this is at, this is a great value SSD.  It's still tons faster than a mechanical hard drive.  Logan uses some as well.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A1ZTZOG/?tag=pcpapi-20

+1 to this. I've been using a 64gb ssdnow across a few builds for over 3 years now, and its still going strong!

Upping to a 660 and this will make a well-rounded build. Although, if you're all about gaming performance you should get a better GPU (or maybe even budget for a fx 6300)

i would personaly invest the 100 bucks in a Asus M5A97 R2.0 mobo, a FX6300. and if there is still money left from the $100 a 7870 (ghz)

This setup will give you better gaming performance, 7870GHZ is offcourse a better gpu, But in cpu intensive games, or multiplier mode gaming, where more cores come handy the FX6300 wil please you much more then the Athlon. CPU intensive games like metro last light arma 3 and such, BF4 multiplier, skyrim and such, will do better on the FX6300.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2Fshl

In my opinnion an SSD is never a good investment if you on a small budget, i personaly prefer cheaping out on storage over cpu/mobo/ gpu, because an SSD does not give me more gaming performance, only faster boot times, but still on a sata 6 7200 rpm drive the boot times aren´t that bad, and a SSD can allways be added later on, if you have more to spend.

i personaly have a 7870GHZ with FX8350, and i can play everything a trow at it on 1080p. even BF4 on ultra, bioshock on ultra, skyrim etc etc.

Let me know what you think.

Grtz Angel ☺