SSD Disconects randomly

Hello L1techs,

Im having issues with one of my SSD, its a VisionTek Racer 480GB, it disconects randomly when in use, i have tested various Sata Ports Data/Power and keeps happening, i also tried to use an external USB Enclosure, same issue, do you know a way to fix it?

i was looking for the Firmware update but couldnt find anything on the VisionTek Page.

Thanks

-Fallen

I don’t have the answer, but I do have a question. Are you soulfallen?

Nope

-Fallen

1 Like
  1. check sata port on the drive. *ensure its not moving slightly.
  2. check if you can push your sata cable / power cable little bit further in (on both sides) especially if you have crappy modular psu.
  3. take it to another pc, check if same thing occurs.
  4. rma for faulty connectors.
1 Like

Yeah i will try again, already tried on 3 Different PC same issue, it disconnects randomly from time to time, and i cant RMA since it was used from Ebay but thanks anyway,

-Fallen

if its decently new you can rma. Doesn’t matter if its ebay or not.

Try another SATA Cable/power cable. If that doesn’t work RMA the part, there’s obviously something wrong that’s beyond basic fixing.

Yeah i will try again, and attempt to contact the VisionTek Support, the SSD Appears to have a “lifetime Warranty”, anyway thanks for the replies.

-Fallen

I don’t even think Drugga1 uses VisionTek no-name SSDs.
Get your data backed up pronto, wipe the drive, get a replacement, and expect your replacement drive to have problems too.

Well its not mission Critical and i currently have 0 Information on the Drive, it was Cheap and 480GB, i tested the Drive for Speed and its on the 850evo level, but well i will try to contact the Support to atleast try with a Firmware update, like 1-2 years ago i had the same issue with an Adata Sx900, i contacted adata and they provided a Firmware that fixed the issue.

-Fallen