SSD benchmarking software?

Hello,beautiful forum.
I Thought I’d benchmark my drives to see they r all doing but I dont know which to use…Theres SOOO many to choose from.
I have an Intel M.2 and a couple Samsung 850 Evo’s.I also have an old HDD but its not that important.
My question is;what should I run?I am mostly interested in how they do in gaming situations and also when running chess engines.(stockfish 9)
Primarily I use them for games like FarCry 4,DOOM,Dishonored/death to the outsider,Skyrim,SplinterCell Blacklist and so on…

Thanks in advance for all responses.

I think Gnome Disk Utility is pretty good. It is included with Gnome or you can install gnome-disk-utility https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/gnome-disk-utility

1 Like

CrystalDiskMark and ATTO for Windows.

CrystalDiskMark for quick and easy, ATTO for more depth.

3 Likes

Keep in mind that SSDs are very difficult to benchmark. I don’t know the details, all I know is that GN spent a while trying to figure out how best to benchmark them and ultimately decided to scrap the project.

1 Like

Thanks for all inputs!I already had my mind on crystaldisk and will also try out atto.
If theres anything to add after running them I will post it here.

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi.What version of CrystalDisk should I use?
Thanks.

You’d want CrystalDiskMark 6.0.0 Standard Edition.;

You do not want CrystalDiskInfo for benchmarking (although useful for other things).

Thanks.I guess this is solved,then.