Squeezing a bit more performance out of Windows 10 (Service Configuration)

Theres no effective difference in the GPO from pro to enterprise. You can also create these registry keys and have them run on startup so they are applied each time. Would be fairly trivial to do it other than this whole thing is a waste of time an effort.

According to MDL there is a differenceā€¦ pro can have gp unset and updates canā€™t be delayed as far as with Enterprise.

Iā€™m not sure on the specific but according to MDL there are pretty key differences

Not the least of which is a telemetry master switch in the GPO

The setting in pro just goes minimal telemetry

The key difference is only the ā€˜price you payā€™. All of them can be made to run exactly the same. Thats not really the point though, the point is the time this all would save you could be spent downloading shutup10 and going about your business.

Yeah I try to learn from those programs and how they do it then diy itā€¦ I donā€™t like running software most of the time. Thatā€™s my philosophy.

Also no pro can have minimal Cortana prescene Enterprise can actually fully disable her. In the next update Microsoft will be removing the local user option on the install of pro and home as well. Enterprise will still retain it due to domain join

Not sure if youā€™ve seen the dozen articles on that

again. all of the versions can be made to run the same.

Home doesnā€™t have the ability to set group policy though?

I already told you that you dont need GPO to do the exact same stuff through registry tweaking and other methods.

1 Like

Yeah but like I said before doesnā€™t that get overwritten in the upgrades or have they changed that?

sure, but like I said, its trivial to make these into keys that can be scripted into place at each boot.

technically updates undo settings in shutup10 when you update, just gotta run it again and youā€™re golden.

1 Like

Ehh thatā€™s fair I guess why people use utilities is because convenience

1 Like

shutup10 isnt going to do everything you in particular might want, but for most people its good enough. It gets windows out of your way so you can use your computerā€¦ and has nice undo buttons. Seriously, take a look at it.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take a look Iā€™ve used W10privacy before as wellā€¦

I went in their siteā€¦ sounds neatā€¦ will do it later when I get home.

But Iā€™m fairly lazy so I think Iā€™ll just do that and then leave my extra performance to another time :fedora:

Thank you guys.

1 Like