Sports Pub. aka The Anything Sports Thread. Post sports stuff here

Top kek.

@Goalkeeper I like soccor and esports independently :3 I watch the LCS and some of the Dota Finals, mostly CS and TF2 stuff though. It would be great if more people would work on TF2 3: they only have like 6 guys on it...

1 Like

Dont reveal spoiler, if you are not viewing or have not seen the Bahrain GP.

Anticipation building for a Ferrari/Mercedes battle across the finishing line. This would be Vettels 44th win. Just 4 laps to go.

Awwwww. 2 laps to go and Alonso is out with an engine problem. This marks 3 races in a row that a McLaren did not classify.

The Mercedes and Ferrari battle at the end of the race did not happen. Vettel crosses the line and takes the lead in the drivers championship with his 44th overall win, and his first win at Bahrain in Ferrari colors. Vettel also ties Alonso with most wins at Bahrain with 3.

Lewis Hamilton passes Alain Prost for 2nd all time career podiums. He now has 107.

Vettel looked super giddy in the room just outside the podium. Although there was not alot of interaction between the 3 drivers. Which was funny to see. Its as if they were at a funeral and no one told Vettel.

3 Likes

I've got Sharks vs. Caps for the Final, so say goodbye to Lou!

1 Like

Schalke/Darmstadt spoiler

About four more minutes and then stopage time in the Darmstadt/Schalke game. Its tied 1/1. If result holds, Darmstadt gets relegated. Schalke is down to 10. So here is to hoping.

Entering stoppage time now. There will be a total of 3 minimum minutes.

With time running out ( about to enter the second minute of stoppage time ) Darmstadt get rewarded a free kick.

NOT GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT! DARMSTADT SCORE, THRU GONDORF, 2-1!

The ref blows for full time ( 3:48 into stoppage time ) Darmstadt pick up three points and will stay alive in the Bundesliga for another week.

3 Likes

Awwww. I forgot the first race of the FIA WEC season was on today.

I am watching the last 50 minutes now on FS1. It sure is weird watching this without seeing an Audi LMP1 car out on track.

3 Likes

The Leafs are back in the series after an awesome 2nd OT goal scored in G#2. GO LEAFS GO!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1 Like

You've skipped the most important part: Seb The Finger is now Egyptian Seb, apparently.

1 Like

I dont get it.... Im dumb. LOL.

3 Likes

I have been watching the Rocket League Championship Series. There is a new button in game that links to the eSports coverage on Twitch.

twitch.tv/rocketleague

Some times I can be decent at RL. I take lessons from YouTube. No way will I play in the competitive brackets, I'd get squished. I am learning good tactics by watching the pro's though. The 2 things I can't do that put me at a major disadvantage are:

• I can't use the ball view camera, I have to use car view. Ball view disorientates me, but if I want to be any good I have to learn how.

• I can't steer while using my rockets to fly. I am barely able to launch like a missile and it's dumb luck if I hit anything. I can't believe it is possible to dribble / juggle the ball with tiny touches while flying. The way the pro's can hit a moving target while flying and aim the shot perfectly blows my mind!

1 Like

@DeViLzzz

The maple leafs game is off to a good start, right?

3 Likes

I got really into HEMA recently.

It has a certain depth to it that olympic fencing has lost and probably can never regain.

1 Like

All I know is they won G#3. Go Leafs! They are now ahead in the series 2-1.

1 Like

Re: Rocket League maneuvers.

I believe this has to do with the controller.
I tried X360 Emulator and I got some improvement, but not enough to be a workaround.
Some players went out and bought the XBOX controller that costs $180 to get better performance, but I draw the line there.

2 Likes

:hugging::open_mouth::video_game::running_shirt_with_sash::trophy::reminder_ribbon::reminder_ribbon::articulated_lorry::trumpet::reminder_ribbon:

Lets see if they can win the next two without going into OT.

And if the Blackhawks can loose one more game. So many people bandwagon that team every year. It gets really annoying.:rage:

3 Likes

Brewers are winning the World Series this year.

3 Likes

If Bayern Munich beat Real Mardid, I think Wolfsburg has a chance to beat BM in the last Bundesliga game of the season. As BM will focus on Champions League.

Well, hopefully. I dont know when the next CL game is.

3 Likes

Fantastic drama in the Bayern/Madrid game. The addition of Ronaldo, the refs, and whats on the line makes this a great game.

3 Likes

Tigres play in the Concacaf Champions League final tonight against Liga MX rivals Pachuca.

Yes.

Although I am sure many people cant see it on tv.

It is not being shown in my area at all. The only way to watch it is thru a sports package.

Like WTF. Even more so, when you consider that my local spanish only tv stations show like every liga mx game. You would have thought they would have shown this game.

2 Likes

Ayyyy

Milwaukee up against the Cubs 6-2.

1 Like