Sports Pub. aka The Anything Sports Thread. Post sports stuff here

I had been thinking about making a futbol/soccer/football topic thread for years now, but I wasn't sure of the demand for it. Glad to see there's some other soccer nuts around here :smiley:

There's too many amazing videos to post, so I'll stick to recent stuff for now.

Gotta shill my Timbers (some highlights from this season so far):

Valeri's side hit full-volley from week 5:

Adi's nice run from week 1:

Adi's other goal from week 1:

Nagbe's GotY back in 2011

1 Like

GO HABS GO!!

Thats all I got to say.

1 Like

This is going to require a google.

Is this a team or a sport?

3 Likes

Ohhh they ( the habs ) are the montreal canadians.

3 Likes

yes one of the original 6 teams...I am not sure if it was a choice or a lack of options. :slight_smile: watched my first game on a tiny black and white 12" television.

Fernando is dumping his POS McLaren / Honda and will not drive at the Monaco GP.
Instead he will be driving Micheal Andretti's Honda at the Indy 500.

McLaren is so bad lately it won't make any difference in their standings if he skips a race.

Lotus was my favorite team, then McLaren and now Ferrari. I feel sorry for Fernando's bad timing.
Lewis Hamilton is my favorite driver, but he wins so easily that it makes the whole sport boring.

1 Like

I would still rather drive at

over

Even if I never raced at Indy... Monaco is better.

:scream: Ya. F1 seems to easy for him. There needs to be something tougher for him. I don't know if anything else is tougher then F1 tho.

Wasnt it at the Hungarian GP, where Lewis started from the pit lane and came close to winning.

3 Likes

I love the event but hate the track.

I have always raced F1 games. These days what I do is play F1-2012 before each race so I know the track. I have always hated racing at Monza. I don't know how those guys do it.

Oh Yeah... They are a million times better drivers than I am.

1 Like

But would you still prefer monaco with an engine so bad it cant even pull a sausage off the kitchen table?

2 Likes

I was there Section 119 Byrne Arena.

http://www.devilsrule.com/discuss/index.php

2 Likes

Hoping this honda can keep up

1 Like

I love watching Vettel display his talents, but after listening to his incessant whining on the radio every race during the 2nd half of last season I lost a lot of respect for him. He was always blaming his performance on mistakes of other racers, and then he'd turn around and do a similar action (changing direction under braking, forcing cars out of racing lines, etc.). He just sounded so childish for so long that I got really fed up with it. Here's to hoping he can keep a respectable head on his shoulders this season.

2 Likes

Totally. I am a sucker for views. Monaco looks so beautiful. And by going so slow I will be able to enjoy the views more.

LOL. That insult. 10/10 ( I am in a hurry, otherwise I would post the Wendell Approves pic )

NBCSN talked about what you and Positron said a couple of years ago. I think they were talking about Vettel or just the general amount of whining in general. Basically they said that with the modernization of the way the race is presented to viewers, with the in cockpit radio, F1 fans get to see how their drivers act. While back in the day, when racers were not having their cockpit radio transmitted to an audience, fans viewed their drivers as idols or knights in shining armor. And may never have dump them as an idol. Simply because they did not hear their reactions to things that were happening on the track.

3 Likes

Toronto Maple Leafs ....

I know they are a young team but they do have players on the roster playing key minutes that help the team tremendously and I have to say those guys didn't help much last night. Seriously you go up 2-0 and play a wonderful first period and then you play the last two periods and OT like house league hockey? Andersen, who some people have questioned how consistent he can be, let in three goals that he should have stopped with the worst being in OT. Seriously if you are going to go on a Cinderella run in the NHL Playoffs you can't play for just 20 minutes of the game. You have to outwork the other team constantly. You also have to have solid play and big time contributions from the vets. If Toronto doesn't get this in G#2 and on in the series they may be gone sooner than I thought they'd be.

1 Like

Big fan of V8 Supercars

Also here's one from my own conutry

1 Like
1 Like

Ready for tonight? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, when I searched for the Leafs, they said they lost to the Capitols 1-0 in Game 1. Maybe I am reading the line wrong. Because when I clicked the box to show more it says the lost 3-2 in OT. So maybe they mean they are losing the series 1 game to none.

3 Likes

If you have not watched F1 Qualifying for Bahrain don't click the spoiler

Congrats Bottas! I kinda can't believe this is only his first.

4 Likes

Isco's game by numbers vs. Sporting:

95% pass accuracy
10 take-ons
3 crosses
2 chances created
2 interceptions
2 goals

🕺 pic.twitter.com/rlwB9n1lj3

— Squawka Football ( @Squawka ) April 15, 2017

Ayyy.

3 Likes

Excellent performance from him and nice come back after that shameful mistake in china.
Also nice to see the renaults and the haas in the mix. Ill be definitely keeping my eye on hulkenberg tomorrow

1 Like